08/01 Boomer AMPS 256 +3 247 +6 144 PMPS 88 +3 133, Pileated photo!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Judy and Boomer, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    Good morning!
    AMPS 256 shooting 3.5u
    I do believe Boomer got a short shot last night; I tried 3 needles and the plungers were all crooked, I finally gave up on the 3rd one and used it and of course had to err on the side of caution.

Boomer ate most of his overnight food, all by himself, leaving just a bit in the one buffet dish.

Yesterday, I was so very excited! Previously I have photographed Pileated Woodpeckers only twice and both were distance shots and really didn't turn out very well at all. I've also had four fly right across my path then disappear where I couldn't see them. Yesterday I found one and he had a juvenile with him and they stayed in the area for well over an hour! A friend and fellow photographer happened by just after I had found the woodpeckers and together we dug our way through some brush to get a better vantage point. So today's photo is of the two Pileated Woodpeckers! The adult male is on the right side and the juvenile (I believe it's a female) is on the left side.

Today on the agenda: newborn girl coming to the studio at 10:00 (+3). I hope Boomer behaves himself.

ETA: well just as I posted this condo my customer emailed me....baby had a rough night and is not "100%" and she is calling her midwife and postponing today's session. sigh. And I just got the studio set up in my living room. I'll leave it up for a while in case she can reschedule for tomorrow but otherwise I'll have to tear it all down again until next week....we are having a family party on Sunday for DH's birthday so I can't very well leave my studio set up.

Attached Files:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Boomer slides down and surfs today. I hate how off the syringes can be. Great picture.

Judy and Boomer and Bellasmom like this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I just love this birds!!! One of my favorite
    Hope Boomer comes down and you can do the pics of little girl soon
    And Happy early Bday for DH

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  4. Perry & Jenn

Perry & Jenn Member

Holy cow you got the pair of pileateds! LOVE this.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

The PW are awesome. Bummer on photo shoot.

6. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

Pilate woodpeckers!
    When I have time later I’ve got something wonderful to share with you :)

7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Great Photo of the Woodpeckers. I rarely see any here.
    upload_2019-8-1_9-42-26.jpeg

8. Judy and Boomer

9. Judy and Boomer

+6 144 looks like the bounce from the green yesterday is breaking.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Guess what I heard while I was reading this condo? I resisted the urge to grab my camera, telephone pole as backdrop for woodpeckers doesn’t look as good as yours.

Keep on sliding down Booms. The lagoon awaits you. Remember when you used to be deputy LagoonMeister?

11. Judy and Boomer

Before yesterday I would have been happy with finding a Pileated on a telephone pole lol. Actually, my first shot of a Red-Headed Woodpecker was of one on a telephone pole. Improved on that this year.

Krystina & Nelli and Wendy&Neko like this.
  12. Judy and Boomer

+9 97
    I'm going to be shooting a green tonight AND he's going to be keeping me up tonight.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  13. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Very nice shot of not one, but TWO pileated woodpeckers! I was going to post mine...but never quite got around to it...maybe tomorrow if I can think straight.

Glad to see Boomer is heading to the lagoon for a nice surf -be safe Booms - no diving for the sharkies!

14. Judy and Boomer

PMPS 88 shooting 3.5u

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Surf safely Boomer.

16. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

What a great shot!
    Boomer, surf safe.

Sorry not to have been around. I think I have Lyme Disease and am totally wiped out with fatigue and joint pain/swelling. Bummer! I did get a tick bite in late April, in the Champlain Valley (where Lyme is present; it isn't here in the mountains). But I thought I got the tick off within 4 hours (within 36 hours is the goal for not getting Lyme, but who knows). It's a mysterious malady.

Hope you are having a good summer and that you will see that loon!

17. Judy and Boomer

+3 133

Perry & Jenn likes this.
  18. Judy and Boomer

Oh no Ella! I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I had been wondering about you but thought you were at camp. Did you have the tick tested? I had it happen a few weeks ago; I had it taken off in a walk-in clinic and they sent it away for testing...it was a dog tick so not a lyme carrier. Is there a way to confirm it's Lyme?

19. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

You were smart! No, I mauled the tick and didn't have it tested. I was going on the current guidelines that if you find and remove the tick within 36 hours you won't get Lyme. Anyway I tested negative for Lyme (notoriously poor test for Lyme) and also titered negative. But I'm still convinced it is what I have!!

20. Judy and Boomer

It's my understanding that Lyme is difficult to diagnose. I hope you feel better soon!