09/10/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=130, +3=107, +4.5=88, +11=141

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Sep 10, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

09/09 +11=130

AMPS=151

Monday. Oh, joy. Back to work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :bighug:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. LizzieInTexas

I understand. Probably 3x under 50 as 1x under 40 is just too risky with working. I did try and reduce him back in July by 1/8 dose and his number immediately shot up. I am afraid 1/4 reduction will have the same issue now. Another problem(?) is that he gets epogen maintenance on Friday evenings and it has caused his numbers to shoot up also. This past weekend he recovered quite nicely but in the past it has taken 2-3 days. He has so many "issues" it is like chasing a rabbit down a hole. His last labs showed improvement with his kidney numbers so I really want to keep his numbers in the best possible range without the fear of too low while I can't monitor.

I seriously thought about this last night and was wondering about holding this dose for 6 doses and then going to 1.125U (1 1/8) - especially if his numbers creep back up as I suspect they will. I know "tweaking" doses are usually done in smaller (OTJ) doses but I really am not to sure what to do.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. :bighug::bighug:

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's hard to balance everything out when we have to work. You do a great job taking care of Gizmo. :bighug::bighug:

4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers to your work day , Lizzie ❤️ I don’t know how you and Carla do it ...in much awe :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Sending Monday vines and crossing paws for a smooth day for you and Gizmo.❤️

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hope your first day back to work isn't horrid.

Your SS says you shot 1.25 this morning and 1 last night. Did you decide to take him back up to 1.25 or was that a mistake?

7. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=130

History:
    AMPS=151, +1.5=163

I shot 1.0U - I changed the SS - Thank you :bighug:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Idea: I was thinking, if his epogen shot on Fridays make him shoot up some, how about changing it to Mondays or another work day and that gives you some buffer while working? He has proved to recover more quickly after the epogen shot the last time so, guess you will have to see if that trend sticks and it's worth switching the time to see if it would help some if the safety factor.

9. LizzieInTexas

It also can make him not eat (not sure but think it makes him nauseated). That was my reason for giving on Friday so I could be home to make sure he eats. Not sure if the numbers are directly or indirectly tied but it definitely reflects in his numbers.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

How was the 1st day back to work?

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Worth an experiment. ECID. Tweaking doses worked for Neko when her total dose was under 2 units.

LizzieInTexas likes this.