09/20 Jerry AMPS 194 +2 213 +6 115 PMPS 197 +2 112 +4 61 +5 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jerry dutchboy, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

yesterday

Jerry's AMPS and +2 were a bit on the high side this morning. @Marje and Gracie your suggestion of upping the dose is probably not a bad idea. I just seem to be yo-yoing between .25 and .50 and getting nowhere sigh.

On a more optimistic note (I'm trying so hard) he is happy in himself. I'll increase his dose this PM cycle, I'll be around most of tomorrow so I can monitor the BG's.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day surfing or hanging out at the lagoon.:cool:

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's so easy to get caught up in just the numbers and forget about how the cat is doing. I'm glad Jerry is a happy kitty.

3. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

This is not uncommon to go back and forth between a dose. Take a look at Gracie’s SS and you’ll see we did it, too.

That’s why it helps if you are able to hold a dose until you see:
    • Three drops between 40-50 on separate days
    • One drop below 40
    • A week in normal numbers
    Of course, at any time that you are having to test and feed constantly to keep the numbers between 40-50 or a bit higher, it’s time to reduce for safety.

And sometimes it’s back and forth and then suddenly, the higher dose is like a kick in the pants and they quickly earn a reduction.

As frustrating as it can be, Carla has good advice....focus on how great he feels. And I’ll throw in this: don’t get attached to a dose:):bighug:

4. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Well, increased dose to .5 IU and we have some action. I wasn't really expecting it this soon but at least we have some green!

5. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

It looks like he's really liking his new dose. Show us some surfin' Jerry dutchboy.

CandyH & Catcat likes this.