? 09/24 - Dweezil AMPS 468

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by monty_dweezil (GA), Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monty_dweezil (GA)

monty_dweezil (GA) Member

I think finally all the bouncing and greenery and blues are done, and we're going to have to raise the dose a little.

Advice? Maybe incease from (estimated) 1.2 to 1.4. And HOLD the dose for 3 cycles. Then of course he'll be at the cattery for 5 days and it'll all go out the window.

2. monty_dweezil (GA)

Interestingly, his numbers today went down late and are still hovering even 4 hours after his PM dose was due. They keep going up and down slightly. I need to know he will keep going up on his own before giving a dose.

Edit - after his smaller later dose, he has now gone a little higher but has stayed much the same.

Just as we finally got to the end of 3 days of the same AM and PM dose, his nadir is so late it changes the routine!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I would have given him his dose when you saw the 288 at PMPS (even if it was a BCS because you were uncomfortable). Really, the 288 was a fine number to shoot and he was rising after the 252 at +11. Maybe, he would have had a nice blue surf, if you had shot on time, but who knows.. Are you going to give him his morning dose 5 hours later, now?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The blood sugar going down at the end of the cycle is not a reason to delay the shot. Perhaps if it had been green you might have delayed a bit. Now that you've delayed - which acts like a decrease, and given a smaller dose, you've interrupted the cycle count at 1.2 units. You need to hold a dose at least 6 cycles, and you held for 5. The new cycle count at 1.2 units starts tomorrow morning.

Here is a great post Libby did on debunking some Lantus myth's, including the one on not shooting a dropping number.
    We tell newbies they are safe to shoot anything over 200. You now have enough data you are no longer in that category.

5. monty_dweezil (GA)

Well, since he's going to the cattery in 3 days, any cycle will be disrupted anyway, annoyingly.

At his normal PMPS number, it was a fine number but even though he had a bit of food, he still went lower and then still 2 hours later he had gone even lower. Not TOO low, but I was still nervous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.