1/1 Champ AMPS 416, +4 480, +9 512, PMPS 452, +1 449, +2 423, +3.5 338, +5 382

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Champ, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Happy New Year!!! Had a very busy day so I didn't shoot R this morning, though I really, really wanted and needed to. However, I did give him R tonight, same dose of 0.1, and he's going down gracefully. I syringe fed him 24 ml this morning, he nibbled at some of his regular food, and then I gave him some prime rib until he was full. I fed him another 24 ml at 5:30, no prime rib (poor kitty), along with a little bit of water just for some extra hydration. I noticed he used his litter box to pee so that's a good sign. I don't know about poop, only because I didn't dig through the litter box. I can tell the difference between his and Bessie's so I'll take a look before I go to bed. At shot time tonight, he ate his regular cat food, though not the usual amount. Just now, at +2, I set out some fresh food for him and he scarfed it up. He ate about 2 ounces which is very, very good for him on any day. He's walking around much more today, another good sign. If only his numbers would cooperate and start getting back to his blues on an almost-all-the-time basis like before. Tomorrow's another day so I'll just keep taking one blessing at a time. I'm going to take Champ to a new vet tomorrow. I'll take along all his labs and whatever else I have, which isn't much since his last vet just states things like they're facts without doing any tests to prove it's so. I'm going to be very upfront and tell the new vet that I'm very knowledge about cats, mine in particular, exactly what testing I'd like done, and that I want them to do all examinations, from listening to his heart, checking his weight, taking his temperature, etc., etc., in front of me so I know what's being done. I want to know what they find. Tell me his weight and temperature. If you test his blood pressure, tell me the number (last vet didn't). We'll see how it goes. I'll be testing Champ every hour tonight until his BG starts to rise and then I'll head to bed. Tomorrow's a work day. I'll shoot him with R again tomorrow if his BG is 300 or greater. Thanks, everyone, for just being here. It's comforting to know that I'm not alone in this.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to hear that Champ is eating reasonably well again. That's a relief! Good luck with the new vet. I hope they can give you an idea what's happening with Champ.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you get some answers from the vet. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.