1/10 Rex BG 84 *picture

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy & Rex (GA), Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Discussion about bupe

I have been giving Rex the bupe only in the mornings. He truly hates that one. His antibiotic isn't much better. Only 2 more doses before it has been 7 days/14 doses of that one. I'm about out of bupe so I'm just giving it all. I know it doesn't last long once it has been mixed. Last night, I was able to give the antibiotic with least resistance.. because I was holding him in my arms. He was "stuck." :joyful: On the floor, he can wriggle different directions and he even ended up on his back this morning in his desperation to back up.

I still don't know why Rex's BG has been running a little higher than before the dental. Could he still be sore? I test before giving medicine so it's not stress related to that. He is still not eating all his food.

Precious is now happy to have his buddy back. It's the first time I have seen them both on the bed together. Rex seems a little grouchy because I just gave him his meds.
    2019-01-10 08.02.21.jpg

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Olive loves her bupre and her gabapentin. When she hears the alarms go off she heads to the kitchen. Now the metro is another story. Since I divided it into 3 doses 8 hrs apart, it's not so bad. She has a few more doses to go.

Cute photo of the kids.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Sweet photo!

After dental, I only gave the bup the day of the dental and next day as it made Bubba so loopy. I gauged if he were eating then he must not be too sore and would also gauge his pain level by the BG's. If Rex isn't eating and his BG's are running a bit higher, it could be he is sore. Did he get sutures?

It might be worth a vet visit for them to just take a look.

ETA: Inflammation from the extraction/extractions can cause the numbers to go up some too.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
    Reason for edit: ETA
  4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

He got dissolvable stitches. I will have to try and open his mouth to see the site. Bupe hasn't affected Rex, if at all. If I see anything, I will call the vet and ask what they want to do.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. I hope Rex just needs a little time to recover from the dental and then his numbers will be lower.

6. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

What a cute picture - the two of them make an adorable pair! :kiss:

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Two beautiful orange kitties :) Just love 'em to pieces! I sure hope he gets to feeling better soon! Sending vines for him to heal and feel better...his buddy needs him :) Poor baby...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I found it took about 10 days for the inflammation to subside enough after Neko’s extraction, then jaw surgery. After that the numbers came down, . She got extra bupe for a week after both those procedures.

Cute pile of ginger.