1/11 Silver AMPS 277 PMPS 311

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Juliet, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet

Juliet Guest

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you come home to a nice number. I hope you're feeling better today.

3. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thanks. A little bit but must get back to work.

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Sunny beginnings. I hope the two days before the weekend go quickly for you.

Juliet likes this.
  5. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Hopefully 2.5 gets Silver to some blues by the weekend...

Stacy & Asia and Juliet like this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Good luck with the increase, I hope Silver’s number start to come down and you’ll get to see the progress this weekend! Paws crossed! :cat:

Juliet likes this.
  7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I know you made the decision not to hold the dose for the week as per slgs, I just read your posts in yesterdays condo. Taking him up a little quicker than on the slgs guidelines does increase the risk, versus waiting. The extra waiting on a dose on SLGS is not about the depot settling, but more about giving you enough time to spot a low on a dose, when testing is limited. Though I can see that you've been able to do more in the way of testing on this dose, because you were home from work, there are still a number of cycles where you have not been able to get any data other than PS, (3 out of the 8 cycles), that means you have no idea what the dose was doing just under 40% of the cycles.

You of course hold the syringe but just wanted to point that out. I really do hope that with the increase in dose you see some blue, and that he stays safe.

I am perhaps going to state the obvious here:
    Even though he will only have been on the dose for a couple of days at the weekend, it will be advisable to run that curve at the weekend.
    Though it will take 6 days for the depot to settle, some cats start to see if a dose is going to be working for them, sooner than that. For instance, George would show me by cycle 3-4 of a dose increase, then he'd maybe bounce a bit and then clear after 3-4 cycles.

So even though saturday PM would be cycle 6 you may start to see movement on this dose before that. So I would recommend you keep up the evening spot checks between now and the weekend, in case he decides to move sooner than cycle 6.

Hope you are feeling better, I empathize, I get them (not often thankfully) and they are so debilitating.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Thx. If you read the condo you’ll see my very rational, thought out reasoning for increasing the dose. I have taken no risk. I run curves as and when I can. My life does not revolve around testing and curves.

9. Gill & George

You misunderstand me, I am saying that by not waiting the full week it is a riskier approach, the weeks wait is in there for a reason, it gives time for the dose to settle and for you to be able to see any possible lows.

In your last condo you say

Yes, you have got it! you do need to know how low the dose is getting him and both methods this is crucial.

But I disagree with your assessment , you do not know for sure that he is not going low, 40% of the data is missing for the 8 cycles he has been on the dose. Combine that with the fact that during week it's impossible for him to get timed feedings, and in my opinion, yes it is riskier than waiting the full week.

Another question, did you feed him like you normally would if you were at work? ie his meal in the morning and then nothing else? or did he have snacks, because you were there and he asked for food ?? This is the sort of info I added on my remarks section, made it easier when others with experience were trying to help me. :)

10. Gill & George

I'm glad that you are.

Hope the weekend yields good numbers for Silver

Juliet likes this.
  11. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

That's a great way to view yellow! I'll have to remember that. :) sunny beginnings! Continue to feel better Juliet! :bighug:

12. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you are feeling better today. Hope it goes away by the weekend.

It will be interesting to see where Silver takes you over the next few days.

Juliet likes this.
  13. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I like the 'sunny beginnings' too. Makes the yellows sound.....sunny.

Hope that migraine & all that goes with that is wearing off . I get them but not so often these later years. Mine are auras which disturb vision , smell, sensations & come not with pain as such, more a tight squeezed head in vice sensation . I was always a headache type person but these came after a rather bad RTA resulting in head trauma and other injuries when I was 20 odd. Take care of that migraine best you can & I hope the pain and nausea wears off for the weekend for you.

I have made an increase for Tyler too but he is not as stuck with his sunshine yellows as Silver is so I am really hoping , all paws crossed, that over this weekend , the coming week and into next weekend you start to see a shift .
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpeg

Myagi (GA) and Heidi and Juliet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.