1/14/20 Olive AMPS 196; +8=127; PMPS 235; +6=142 Vet visit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday. Caber Yr 2 Day 101

Last night she was feeling good. She was rolling on her toys, alert, had a spring to her step. Growled, hissed and even swatted PJ this morning waiting for breakfast.

Gave her fat 4.5u today. The 4.75 only lasted 3 cycles when it proved to be to much. So will see what happens. She has vetty today for kidney panel. I want to show the doctor the head twitch if I can get her to do it.

There are now 2 muscovy ducks in yard between neighbors and our house. Will have to keep an eye on them. Just don't know where they came from. They are not from the farm. They come down the mountain.

2. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Hope the vet appointment goes well.....good luck with the reducie:D

3. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Strong vetty vines for feisty Olive ;)
    I hope you can show the vet the little twitch, Paula.
    Have the best day you can :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hope all goes well at Vetty today and the dosecrease holds well.
    Muscovy ducks are wonderful.

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad she was feeling good last night. Sending vetty vines.

6. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Ollie was feeling so spunky!! Always good when they roll and play and act out with the hissing and swatting! Means they're in charge! :)

Nice about the ducks!! Maybe get a photo if you can... :)

Have a wonderful day!

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great Olive report today.:)

Good luck with the vetty visit. I would always follow my cats around with a phone, trying to get a video to show vetty. Because there was never any hope of showing the vet in the clinic. :rolleyes:

8. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I’m so relieved to hear Ollie was back to herself last night! Good luck with the dosecrease! I hope it is just what she needs :)

9. Olive & Paula

There is a photo in yesterday post.

AmandaE likes this.
  10. Olive & Paula

I tried. Just can't seem to click the button one handed. And it's so short it's over before I can get it.

11. Olive & Paula

So even though this wasn't suppose to be a full check up. Ollie got one. Dr Amy said she has never seen Ollie this well in all her visits there. Ollie was alert, inquisitive, purring. She did not react to any pain when abdomen and bladder palpated. Dr said look I can stroke down her entire back and tail without her having pain or twitching. Ollie let me comb her belly this morning and seemed to like it.

After seeing Ollie this morning, I didn't realize how off Ollie has been for the last week. I thought about it when her 2 injections bothered her. Dr thinks she might have been having a p'titis flare. It was the time I was giving a bit less of the bupre.

Dr goes to pick her up out of the stroller and says in her kitty baby talk "so we made an addict out of you, you want the 0.2 bupre 0.15 isn't good enough" . I always try to reduce, when will I learn to just let it be.

She was thrilled Ollie is under 5 units now. As far as the head twitch she doesn't know. She said to remember she has a tumor that could be pressing on something. We don't know how big it is or if it grew since MRI was never done.

Senior panel was drawn, pedi/mani done and anal sac (1 was full) expressed.

Then she hits me with the bad news. She is leaving the practice. Starting her own further away. It will be a 45 minute drive for me. I'm thrilled for her, and I will give it a try when she officially opens but winters will be tough getting there.

She did give me more bupre to hopefully carry us through. If not She doesn't think the other Dr will give a problem filling it. I have 2 refills on the caber yet. So she said it shouldn't be a problem. The subq fluids would not be a prob getting from current place.

My biggest concern is the caber. The other vet I use won't script it. The associate vet where Dr Amy is now, might but she doesn't know me, until she does I don't know how she will be. We will just have to wait and see.

12. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug:❤️:bighug:

13. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so glad Olive is feeling so much better; it's a relief to see some good news today. If you have trouble getting the cabergoline from anyone else, maybe Dr. Amy can keep prescribing for you, especially if you can manage to see her once a year (in good weather). Maybe she could set you up with more refills now, since she just gave Ollie an exam?

I loved the pictures of Tux you posted a few days ago.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  14. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Paula, that's such great news about Ollie!! I love that she was purring at the vet!!
    I agree with Susan, try to keep Dr. A for good weather and maybe she could speak to the person replacing her and let them know about
    the script so you don't have any issues over the winter?
    Those ducks should be in Mexico apparently. Don't forget to feed them!! :bighug:

15. Olive & Paula

Well all good things must come to an end. Ollie started vomiting 30 minutes ago. Some of it might be one of the new foods I'm trying. She has been licking her butt quite a bit since vet visit. The 2nd puke smelled like poo. Low and behold she has soft poo in her butt fur and all in her tail. Butt bath given.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  16. Olive & Paula

The ducks are domestic, in the U.S. And quite popular as pets now or farmers who have ponds. A lot of people in my town have chickens and goats. The farmer across the road has a swan, so I guess ducks were next.

Sonia & Leo likes this.