1/14 Cobb AMPS 93 +9.5 232

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Cobb(GA), Jan 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

:D:D:D

Can we get an emoticon that has a nervous Mr. Greenie because I more so feel like this: :nailbiting: Don't get me wrong...I love seeing green, but it still makes me nervous.

Shot a reduced 6u again this morning. So that will be 2 cycles on 6u. I did not give a reduced dose last night -- I didn't see that those were helping all that much. I would think two doses of 4.5u would have been enough to drain out that 6.75u, but I guess I was wrong. We'll see how he does with this dose and reevaluate. This certainly is an interesting ride!

Not much else to report. Another early wakeup call this morning, although Cobb was involved as well -- walking around scratching on stuff in our room and jumping on the bathroom counter. :rolleyes: I'll say this...it's been awhile since he's jumped on the counter! Guess he feels well. He has been running downstairs and squeezing through the little posts on the stairs to get onto the first floor. I don't know if he is trying to tempt/torment Matty, but every time he does, Matty spots him and says "AT!" (Cat -- we're still working on that "k" sound.)

ANyways...that's about it from here. I hope you are all have a good week. It's hump day! (Now I feel like we need a camel emoticon!!!) :p

~Suzanne

2. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Unrelated...but I'm on a Moms page on Facebook and this morning one of the members said she wanted to get a kitten, but her husband was concerned about the cost. So everyone is now chiming in with how to keep costs down. It is so frustrating seeing all the bad advice people are handing out to her!! One member is a vet tech so I just keep my mouth shut, but it makes me want to bang my head into a wall. All I added to the conversation is that cats are obligate carnivores and you should feed them all low-carb wet food, and that litter isn't that expensive, and if you get a kitten to get pet insurance. So many people are saying...the dry food is so much easier -- cats are so low maintenance!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

3. KeikosHuman

KeikosHuman Member

I know what you mean about seeing green. I've been adjusting Keiko's dose up and down lately to keep him from getting too low. My healthy cat's BG is between 40 and 60 but I understand that is too low a goal for cats on insulin. Keiko is 78 now and I think I'll lower his evening dose.

4. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Blech! At least we know the depot is drained a bit now and I can evaluate better.

In other news, I got pulled in and fought the good fight on my mom's group. I shared Dr. Lisa's site. The vet tech I mentioned rebutted with how you get so many other health issues by feeding "crap" food and equated it to us eating McDonald's every day and then said dry food is fantastic for cat's teeth, and how it is a myth that canned food is okay for cats to eat. That's where I got pulled in and provided info about how that was a myth that dry food is good for their teeth and how one should take their cat's for regular dental checkups, yada yada yada. Haven't heard from her since. Two others commented how they had cats with kidney disease, and one has already had a blockage, and how they're overweight and probably going to be diabetic and they were investigating the links I provided. Maybe I made a difference. I hope so!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If I do a skip/reduced shot/ fur shot, I often find the results show up a couple cycles later. It could be that what you are seeing late today is the result of that 4.5 last night.

Not that I usually quote them as a source of good information, but I found this article on wet food at Petsmart, of all places, including debunking the dry food is good for dental health myth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.