1/14 Ming PMPS = 526, +2=416

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Crista & Ming, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-13-ming-pmps-297-2-284-4-88-5-74.209371/

AMPS = 205

I want to give 6.5 units but I’m a little chicken... my mom will be gone from +2 to +6.

I think I will settle with 6 units this morning to be safe. Last cycle, the lowest he got was 74 which is good. But I’m not sure what’s happening (is that really the lowest he’ll go in 6.5 or is he still getting over a bounce/glucose toxicity/IAA breaking? Etc etc). And it’s not worth bringing him to work for this PS number imo. I want to save him from the stress.

And then perhaps jump right back into 6.5 units tonight and monitor all night and tomorrow.

2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. Ming presents some real challenges there. I hope he does well both today on this dose and tonight on the increased dose, if it becomes necessary. :bighug:

Crista & Ming likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Being safe is nothing to by sorry for. That isn't so bad to take a little off the top and be safe. Looks like Ming is on a mission!

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Crista, keeping Ming safe is priority. I think we have all shaved doses when we can't monitor. As long as it's not very often, it's okay.

5. Crista & Ming

+2 = 113

I told my mom to leave half a can of HC food while she’s out of the house. He ate about half.

+5 = 320
    +8 = 528

Bouncing?

I’m comfortable going back to 6.5 units. Maybe even 7 units since he technically didn’t earn a reduction. What do you think?

Will be testing for ketones tonight of course

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Personally, I would try 6.5 units. He got awfully close to a reduction, in spite that partial dose. Keeping the same dose will stabilize the depot and let you know whether a dose is a good one. Try not to react to the preshot, even if it’s ugly. What bounces up will come down. The 18 hour cycles might be catching up with you today.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I agree with Wendy. I would stick with the 6.5.
    I used to bring J.D. to work with me, sometimes. I would roll out a big heavy blanket under my desk with a litter box on top of it at one end.

8. Crista & Ming

Of course he's done peeing the moment I come home :rolleyes:

Hopefully he pees again tonight.

Thanks everyonr for the encouragement and kind words! We stuck to 6.5 units tonight.

PMPS = 526
    +2 = 416

Cool! And JD would stay inside the blanket tent?

I work at a vet hospital so it's really no problem to bring Ming to work. I just don't like to for stress reasons both myself and Ming. Ming gets stressed out, doesn't really eat at at first (he needs to be coaxed to eat when I bring him to the vet/work) and then I get stressed out because he's there but I have to work and if I'm dealing with him at work I feel bad for the other patients and my coworkers blah blah blah. It's mostly in my head, honestly. I'm just glad I haven't had to bring him to work yet since he first came back from his big DKA and pancreatitis event.

I have my night shifts coming up in February so that's when I feel most comfortable bringing him to work because it's just me working alone and Ming can walk around the hospital freely.

9. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Glad Ming is starting to come back down tonight. I hope the 6.5 dose is a good one for him.