1/15 Titan AMPS 201, +5 70, PMPS 147, +3 199 vet visit

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 1/14.

Good evening everybody, Titan made his first climb into yellows for the new year but quickly reversed course and went for a swim. Would have liked to monitor to see if he went lower but between DMIL snow shoveling and Titans vet visit we were not home. The vet visit could not point to any specific cause to his dermatitis but Dr Becky was fairly sure it was not a food allergy due to the break out being on his back half. She said food allergies usually show up around the neck and head area. She scraped the skin but found no moving critters to point the smoking gun at. She dosed him with Revolution and gave him a two week antibiotic shot. We are going to give him a one week course of gabapentin for the pain and three days of prednisolone ( 10 mg/day) to put a little steroid into him to help kick start the healing. Blood was drawn for a senior panel and we should have results tomorrow. Paula and I are going to put the "cone if shame" on him for a few days to keep him from licking and further irritating the exposed area. It's raw and sore. Paws crossed we can get on top of this and help Titan. Ed

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Titan. :(

MyTitan (GA) and LizzieInTexas like this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers that the meds help clear everything up.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Titan will be more comfortable soon, Sending more no-itch vines!

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending healing vines!

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

I 2nd that :oops:

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  7. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

Poor Titan! Glad you were able to get him some meds to make him comfortable, and less itchy! Sending lots of healing vines for your little guy! :bighug:

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  8. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

PM prednisolone is showing up in BG test. 199 at PMPS +3. Swim trunks have been sent out for dry cleaning. He won't need them for a few days.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Speaking of changing outfits, you might want to try the Cover Me's for kitties. But if you do, I want to see pictures. ;)

Vines for good blood work results.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.