1/17 Titan AMPS 218, PMPS 182, +3 143 Blood lab results posted

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 1/16.

Morning everyone, I plugged in Titans blood work results on his lab sheet in the SS. Urine results still a day or two out. All looked really good, Dr Becky was not worried about the high WBC (white blood cell) count and attributed it to his elevated eosinophil count which are the white blood cells that are active during an allergic reaction which he has/had and we are treating. Speaking of treating, day two of meds (pain, steroid and topical ) are working their magic. He has stopped licking the itchy area on his right leg. He managed to lick the hair right off and it's a very ugly looking irritated area but hopefully healing is now taking place. BG numbers are elevated but those should come down after steroid treatment ends tomorrow. We have him down to a 50/50 chance of hitting the LB or not which is an improvement. Puppy pad white/blue makes for an interesting carpet :rolleyes:. Have a good day, Ed

Tasha & Darwin likes this.
  2. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

That's great news! Glad to see everything else is looking good for Mr. Titan, and that he is feeling better! Sending vines for continued healing, and hopes that his hair grows back quickly! :cat:

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news!! Do you have any idea of what he could be allergic to?

4. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

No we don't. Talked at length with Dr Becky. Kinda ruled out food allergy as she said that usually shows up around neck/head area. We are treating for flea/mite/spider bite type reaction. This sorta started when Fleur came into house after her spaying to recover. She had been treated long befor but may have brought a critter in on her from the vet office??? Other civies are doing okay, Titan just may not have been able to fend it off due to his compromised situation.

5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the meds are helping Titan. Yay for good blood work!!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad the lab work was good and Titan is feeling better. I hope he keeps improving. Sending prayers.

7. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

My civvie Capone had what the vet thought was a spider bite a year or two. It was miserably itchy, swollen, and started oozing after a while. But it cleared up pretty quickly with treatment.

...and I waster a lot of time looking for that spider, but I never found it. I don't think I slept particularly well the next couple of nights. :eek:

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great bloodwork for an acro. Did Dr. Becky comment on the BG? :D

All sorts of creepy crawlers probably inside to avoid the weather.

MyTitan (GA) likes this.
  9. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yay for the meds working and good blood work results! Hope Titan continues to feel better each day.

10. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Great to hear the BW results look good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.