1/18/20 Zoot AMBG=170 +3=245 +6=252 +9=182 PMBG=248 +3=260 Day 8 Trial

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cinnie Cole, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

It's a trial alright ;). Up again today, with a BG at 170; and I wonder if the kibble he got in the pre-dawn hours of the 17th is part of the problem. Will check again at +3.

He is completely back to being a stellar member of the CPC, and his poops are very much improving from before taking the metronidazole. He has a lot of enengy, too.

The only problem is me - I just have some mixed feelings about the numbers climbing.

2. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Tina Marie and Jan @carfurby ; So not very good news - his +3=245. And, of course, this is happening on the weekend. He seems so good and healthy. I am just perplexed and unhappy at this. Could the kibble he at have sent him back into insulin dependency? What do we do? Can we hold off on giving him the insulin or do his numbers from yesterday and today indicate we need to start insulin again?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Kibble theft is the likely culprit (well, Zoot is the culprit but kibble is the cause). I'd give is until tomorrow morning and see what happens with the numbers. It can take a while for kibble to work its way out of a cat's system.

Sonia & Leo and Cinnie Cole like this.
  4. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Okay thanks.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Cinnie - I'm just now seeing this, and a little sad along with you. However, it is what it is and Zoot! might not quite be ready. OR I'm simply learning something new about how detrimental just a one-time kibble theft could be.
    I would think if he is really ready to be off the insulin, his pancreas would have taken care of his kibble adventure from over 24 hours ago. But I am learning, and the others have seen a lot more than I have;)

Cheering you on, even if it takes longer to totally kick the habit of insulin:):bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree with Sienne. It could still be the kibble. I'd wait and see what his numbers are tomorrow.

7. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) @Tina Marie and Jan Better news! at +9 he is 182! That blue number makes me a bit more cheery plus his number is going down after he ate.

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

9. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Maybe you could put him on a treadmill and work that kibble OFF:smuggrin::rolleyes:

Of course I would not seriously advise such a thing!!! When Tina started walking better, I really was encouraged that the exercise would help her numbers:)

Cinnie Cole and Sonia & Leo like this.
  10. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

It was a rocky day today :( - will probably do one more check before I head to bed (+4). The one bright spot is that the metronidazole is helping deal with whatever was causing his ongoing diarrhea. First day of fairly solid poops. I never thought poop would make me happy ;)

11. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

I know right? Happy solid poop! :joyful::p:joyful:

Cinnie Cole likes this.
  12. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

If we got one of those kitty wheels, then within 2 days it would become the clothing repository with a cat sleeping on top of the clothes. :D

13. Cinnie Cole

Cinnie Cole Member

Praying for a better day tomorrow for Zoot!