? 1/18 - Bandit - AMPS(342) +3(277) +5(271) - failed reduction?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bandit's Mom, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Previous post - http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-15-bandit-amps-272-3-114-4-88-reduce-dose-again.224318/

I think we have a failed reduction here? After a skipped shot on Jan 8th and two back-to-back reductions (within 2 days), I might have really messed-up her depot.

Bandit has been in the flat yellows for the last 3 days. And now we are seeing pinks again.

She is now fully transitioned to YA Zero kibble - and she's not too happy about it. She was addicted to her HC kibble and I'm sure she was eating more out of greed than hunger. I guess it will take a few days for the HC kibble to leave her system fully.

Wondering if I need to wait 7 days to increase her dose. I know I am required to per SLGS, but I don't know if I want to see her go back into the pink where she becomes symptomatic. The last week has been so good in terms of her using the litter box (only twice a day).

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Bhooma, yes it does look like a failed reduction.
    The last reduction was earned on the 5th cycle after the previous reduction and the reduction itself was taken on the 6th cycle after the previous reduction.
    Just for next time... his first reduction was taken when Bandit was 92....they need to drop under 90 to earn the reduction on SLGS.
    Unfortunately you are going to have to wait the 7 days to do the increase in dose.

Bandit's Mom likes this.