1.2.18 Murphy amps 228

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Carol & Murphy (GA), Jan 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Seeing @Mandarin'sMom post kicked started me to post a Murphy update to begin 2018. Old timers club.
    Murphy turned 12 on Christmas. He's been holding his own -mostly blue and yellow on 2.5 units, throwing me a few pinks or near pinks on 1.75 so I guess an increase is in order.

His daily cerenia and frequent ondansetron and cyproheptadine seem routine now. His appy is mostly so-so, and this morning he had a very light tan stool, and with these pinks, I'm terrified another pancreatitis flare is looming, but I'm hoping not. I had a small New Years Eve party, which included his vet, who noticed the muscles on his back legs are atrophied, she said likely due to arthritis.

I need to schedule a vet visit soon, as he's long overdue for a dental (he was due for a dental about 3 months after this last one).
    As 2017 was the worst year of my life, I certainly have higher hopes for 2018 - for myself and all of you and your sugar babies as well.

:bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Sounds like Murphy is hanging in, Carol. And after an awful year for you, nowhere to go but up! :):bighug:

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Murphy!

4. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Murphy! Glad to hear things are working well with your boy. Always in my thoughts :bighug::bighug::bighug:

5. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Hi there Karen. So nice to hear from you.. I wouldn't exactly say things are going well - but he's holding his own and things could definitely be worse. Think about you alot too - how are your two kitties getting along?

6. Doodles & Karen

Poor Murphy and his tummy issues. You do a great job with him and hope he continues holding his own. Moo doesn't like Leo but they co-exist. He's determined to be friends with her (7 months later) but she still hisses and swats if he gets too close.

7. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Poor Leo. How did Moo do right after Doodles passed? Did she miss him?

8. Doodles & Karen

I feel bad for Leo, he's a "cats, cat"..doesn't really play with me much, just wants to be by Moo. Thought Moo was sad which is why we got Leo...now I second guess that but too late now :(

9. Carol & Murphy (GA)

I think that's usually how it goes - maybe get another cat for Leo? I once took in a stray kitten and my 3 year old cat hated him - went hoarse from hissing and screaming at both him and me - but after a year of this, I had to move from Colorado to Atlanta - and in the process and trauma of moving, the two bonded and became best of friends.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Carol. :bighug: Good to hear from you and get a Murphy update. Here's hoping for a much better 2018 for you two.

11. Carol & Murphy (GA)

thanks, Wendy. Hope all is well with you and the spectacular Northwest!!

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Foggy, so can't see the snowy mountains. :) At least it's above freezing.

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It's good to see a Murphy update and that he is holding his own. I hope you both have a better 2018. Sending prayers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.