1/20 Cobb AMPS 352 +6.5 188 PMPS 149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne & Cobb(GA), Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's Condo

As expected, Cobb bounced this morning from those low numbers and/or skipped shot.

Julie, to answer your question from last night, yes, I was carbing him up pretty much all afternoon. His numbers never budged from those mid-30s until after his PMBG. I wasn't thrilled about him staying down there either, but the carbs (17%) weren't moving him at all. They were just holding him steady. If he had started dropping more, I most certainly would have taken him to the ER vet. I know there can be a non-symptomatic hypo, but Cobb was sunbathing in front of me for the majority of that time...just purring away and catching the rays.

Looks like we have a plan going forward when he earns his reductions. I measured that 5 units today. Whew!!! I may need to get a magnifying glass soon! LOL

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

OMG what a day you had yesterday! I hope the tamiflu helps Matty and that you and your husband stay healthy!! Now, Cobb, be a good boy and stay above 50 for awhile. Im hoping for a smooth day for you!

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great recovery so far today! :cool: Love those medium sized depots. I don't think Cobb qualifies as large dose any more. :)

Vines for Matty.

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) likes this.
  4. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Just whewwwwwwwwwww. Cobb means business. Serious business. Exciting, yes. Nerve wracking, absolutely. I'm thrilled to be a spectator. But do not at all envy the participants!

Sending be healthy vines to everyone at your house.

Marilyn and Polly

Jen&Eddie likes this.
  5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

ah, thanks for clarifying that. When we started i think i had an 18% gravy that i used as HC. Someone told me that she never used anything less than 25% and she encouraged me to get something with a higher carb. It was a similar situation - he wasn't coming up and i'd tried a couple of times with the gravy. After that, I bought some serious gravy stuff, LOL, over 25% or if i ran out, I added a large amount of karo syrup on what i had. Just something to keep in your back pocket for the future.

by the way, just fyi, i sent Lauren a message about Tommy. He didn't have iaa (4%, less than 20% is normal on the MSU test) but only acro - 313 at diagnosis.

6. Suzanne & Cobb(GA)

Suzanne & Cobb(GA) Well-Known Member

Why did I think he had both? Hmmm.

Matt and I discussed adding Karo. And I might have, had I not gotten called away to take care of Matty. My day off got busy way too quick! I'll look into some higher high carb food.

Cobb seems to like the new Wellness food thst I picked up for him...chicken and turkey flavors. Trying to decide if I should ditch the 5.5oz cans. Petco sells a 12.5oz can for about $1 more. I may look into that for our next purchase.

7. donaleen and Ozy

donaleen and Ozy Well-Known Member

I started with medium carb and if he didn't come up or at least hold steady in half an hour, I gave him maple syrup. If he stayed low for an hour, I definitely used maple syrup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.