1/20 Mandarin OTJ Trial Day 13 AMBG 132, +3 125, +6 119, +9 90, PMBG 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandarin'sMom, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo

Mandarin had been doing so well for 11 days, but it looks like we are heading towards another failed OTJ trial. :arghh::arghh::arghh: I just don't get it. Nothing has really changed. He seems to be feeling well, is eating well, and I don't really think that he keeps finding contraband. Do I give up and start him back up on Insulin tonight if he's still blue? Give it another day? Do another mid-cycle test?

2. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

I hope he drops back down for you. That must be so frustrating :(
    It wouldn't hurt to grab another test or two today would it? That would be the easiest decision.
    Is there any way to be absolutely sure that he isn't getting into contraband? Could the recipe of his food changed? Have you tried giving a smaller am meal?

Mandarin'sMom likes this.
  3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Come on, Mandarin. You can do it. Don't give up, Christina. Since I have absolutely no experience with coming even close to OTJ trials, can't advise. I'd probably grab another test or two today, as advised above. How much snow did you get yesterday, today?

4. Mandarin'sMom

I don't think it's the food - I have been feeding Friskies all along and this is still part of the same 48-pack I have been feeding for days. We are also following the same feeding schedule - but it is certainly possible that he is finishing someone else plate. Neither Iris nor Flora are all that interested in food and will skip a meal sometimes. But that's also always been the case. I just don't get it!

Not a whole lot. Maybe 3-4 inches. It's pretty cold and windy though, even the Chow Chow boys don't really want to stay out for too long.

majandra likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sometimes cats to just have blips where they have higher numbers. I'd hold off on the insulin and see if you get green tonight or tomorrow. The last day of Furball's OTJ trial, I got a 147 for the PMPS number and a 209 for +2. She gave me green the next day. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I agree with Carla. I'd wait and see how he is tomorrow. It could just be an off day. Could he be constipated? I would imagine with multiple cats in the house it's hard to know who is going and who isn't.

Keeping good thoughts for a green tonight or tomorrow!

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

8. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:Come on greens, your almost there

9. Mandarin'sMom

That's a good point - constipation is certainly a possibility. Or he's about to hack up a hairball, that usually screws with his numbers too. At least he's moving in the right direction and made it back to green by +9. We shall see what happens in 3 hours...

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Didn't we just go through this same thing with Walter?

Time to pull on those patience pants!! (And it looks like Mandarin's numbers are coming down. I think your kitties like a bit of drama.)

11. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Fingers and paws crossed that this is just a little blip on the road to 'R'....come on Mandarin! We know you can do it!!

12. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Mandarin, please don't stress out momma bean. Keep your numbers green!

13. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

Yay green! Come on Mandarin you can do this!

14. Mandarin'sMom

They sure do! I am so relieved that he is back in green - those patience pants are starting to look a bit rough with all of this drama. :nailbiting:

majandra likes this.
  15. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Good boy, Mandarin, for bringing it back down to green. Tomorrow's the big day. Hang in there!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

16. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Woohoo day 13 done and dusted. :D

Mandarin, quit foolin’ around with your bean.

17. Mandarin'sMom

I’m not sure why I scheduled Floras dental on the last day of Mandarin’s OTJ trial. I just separated her from the other cats so they can eat and she is screaming bloody murder. It’s probably not even about the food as much as it is about the fact that she is not with everyone else for a little while.... and we still have the 4 am snack ahead of us. I’m sure we’ll all be stressed by tomorrow morning.

18. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to see Mandarin's PMPS looking so good :D
    poor baby:(
    poor YOU!:bighug:

19. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Nice to see that green PMBG!