1/22 River (AMPS 247, +4 309) Considering a dosecrease tomorrow

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Condooooo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-19-river-amps-310.209632/

I am still very unclear on where River's nadir even OCCURS, even on days when I test every 2 or 3 hours — that's how all over the place she is — but I am probably going to increase her dose tomorrow morning to 1.25.

Thoughts? speak now or forever hold your peace? (At least until tomorrow?)

2. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

See also: I hate giving that cat pills. I was a rock star for the first couple of days, but now she knows she game.

3. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I would go ahead and increase to 1.25u.

Can you give pills in a Pill Pocket, a piece of cheese, cream cheese, etc?

Paigeworthy and Crista & Ming like this.
  4. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Ming liked pill pockets for the first month and then stopped liking them. Now I just take some FF and make a small meat ball and give it to him first. He'll eat that up and then I'll give him his meal.

You can also try pill poppers and a syringe with water afterwards to get River to swallow. At the vet, that's what we do and also hold down their mouths closed if it's a cat that can be handled that way.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I give Olive's pill in and 1/8 of a can of food. I place in the middle of the pile so it's close to top but covered. I give it to her while I'm fixing the main meal bowls and pulling up her insulin.

6. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

River's gotten too smart for pill pockets. mostly I just have to manhandle her at this point. SHe doesn't hurt me but it's exhausting.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  7. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Ming’s like that too. And he’ll shake his head and it’ll fall out or he spits it out and I get SOOOO frustrated. Glad he just eats his darn pill in his food now lol. Sorry it’s been hard with pilling. I hate pilling animals in general. Had to give carnivore care to a skinny water dragon and force waxworms in his mouth... I was so scared I would snap his mouth open.

Paigeworthy likes this.
  8. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

I'm glad for you too!! River's pill is bright blue so at least I can see it when she's trying to wrestle it out of her mouth :eek:

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Have you ever tried stuffing pills in gel caps? It really helps if the pills are bitter. With pill pockets, it useful to give blanks as treats occasionally, so they don’t always associate pills with them.

10. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

:eek:!!

Paigeworthy likes this.