? 1/23 Tooters Curve - oh what will I do with him???

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julee, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Julee

Julee Member

Well the curve numbers are not at all what I expected! He has been doing so well in the 100's and today he is staying in 300! I thought maybe due to eating, but unless he is eating everytime before shot I am not sure why numbers are here. Maybe because of the recent doses of .5 and .75? What should I give him for his pm shot? I'm thinking back to 1. Any thoughts or ideas???

I love my baby but he likes to keep me on my toes!:cat:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/1-23-tooters-amps-162-dose-change-and-curve-today.209814/

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's likely he went lower during the day yesterday, between those nice two preshots and is now bouncing. Keep to the 0.75 units dose. The depot has to rebuild after the reduced doses yesterday too. It can take a couple of days before you'll see what 0.75 units can do. We ask the question "how low can this dose take my cat" and try to ignore the highs when figuring out what to dose.

Bellasmom likes this.
  3. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

You may also find that like everything else no two days or curves are ever alike. Almost anything can effect BG numbers, a barking dog causes stress five minutes before a poke and everything goes out of whack. My first cat was right out of a textbook but there would always be that one curve where nothing looked right. Our second sugar cat never approached anything resembling regulation and was beyond high strung. His curves looked like someone scribbling on the wall with crayons.
    The whole idea of a curve is to get a general idea and yes, to keep you on your toes.