1/24 Gracie PMPS 190

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marje and Gracie, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Gracie's Yesterday

1/23 Recap:
    AMPS: 133
    +2: 195
    +4: 350
    +6: 280
    +7.5: 218
    +10: 280
    PMPS: 290
    +2: 297
    +5: 322

Happy Caturday! We continue to send prayers and sympathy to Suzanne/Matt, Tonya, and Jenn/DH. Many healing vines for Trix, Tiger, Skinky, Minka, Sasha, Harvey, Max, and any others who need them.

Gracie followed me into our bathroom this morning and patiently waited as I was getting dressed but she decided to hop up onto the tub which is surrounded by granite and has a fairly wide granite rim around it. She started swatting at the faucet but our cats have never been ones to drink out of the faucet. I turned it on (it's a Roman faucet), and she set up on her haunches and waved her front paws in the air like a little bear and then started 1-2 punching at the water sending it everywhere :p:p:joyful::joyful: Then she jumped down, ran into our room, then back, hopped onto the tub and started swatting the water again. She was having a great time and I was laughing so hard at her antics. Water doesn't seem to bother Scottish Folds as we have witnessed with Mikey's bath.

I raised her dose this morning; her BG looks the worst it has in quite some time. At first, I thought she had failed the reduction but she's coming down fast and going right back up which tells me there is an insulin duration issue. I'm beginning to think the culprit is the latest pen I started. It's the last one of the box of 5 and has been in the frig over 240 days. I do keep a frig thermometer right by the insulin so I always know the temp is perfect. It doesn't expire until 2016 but her numbers are really bad and really no duration. I think it's time to try a new pen.....we just got a new pack on Thursday.

Sorry for the late condo. Our internet has been down all day. It's time for Gracie's shot and then I'm going to grab dinner and catch up. Hope your day has been a good one.

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Marje,
    Gracie's new "sport" (water boxing) is hilarious! Go Gracie! And work that new pen while you're at it.

I've noticed that the last cartridge of a 5-pack sometimes seems less potent, also. Good luck with the new box.

Have a fine evening,

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

3. Tiger(GA) and Ruth

Tiger(GA) and Ruth Well-Known Member

((((Marje))) Thanks so much for your kind words- you've no idea how uplifting it was last night. :bighug::bighug: That is very disconcerting that the last pen in the pack is going stale, but then I realized that you and Ella are practically micro dose kitties- I guess that's one advantage of having a higher dose sugarkitty! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Love your descripion of Gracie playing in with the water. All of my cats have been faucet drinkers,including Tiger, except now that she has gotten older she can't quite jump up on the counter anymore :oops: Hope you have a wonderful evening! Go Gracie-work that juice! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.