1/25 Thos - Time to increase dose? Yes, a little bit.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tom & Thomas (GA), Jan 25, 2019.

1. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Previous 1/21 - Where we start switch to TR

Tonight is the start of Thomas's tenth cycle at 0.25u, with nadirs always under 100. Does that mean we should go up to 0.5u tomorrow? Or is there some reason we might want to wait?

To my mind, he has enjoyed nice, fairly flat cycles over the past few days, with numbers that are low but could be lower.

Am I right in thinking that an increase could easily yield our first lime numbers? Which I'm not looking forward to.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The goal is to try to get Thos's cycles to be all green. They are pretty good now, but his nadirs are mostly upper greens, so there might be a tiny bit of room for an increase. Any chance you could tweak the dose and find something half way between 0.25 and 0.5, a fat 0.25 units?

Of course I would do that when you can monitor closely. Do you have plenty of test strips and high carb food/karo on hand? The first lime greens are nerve wracking but usually there is someone around to help you. Take some time and read the posts from people who are experience lower numbers and you'll get a feel for how people handle it. FWIW - on TR kitty can also earn a reduction by going a week mostly in green, it doesn't have to be by going low.

3. Tom & Thomas (GA)

Tom & Thomas (GA) Member

Hah, you always come up with such good things to think about! Futzing around with a syringe, I think I can see my way to a skinny 0.5u. I'll give this a try tomorrow.

I've read through a number of threads with adventures in lime. And I'm sure I'll ask for guidance when I hit one myself. Karo and gravied FF on hand. After running too low once, I now reorder strips when I drop below 100.

Thanks!!!

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.