1/27/17 OSCAR'S CURVE - Input Needed

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Oscar & Mom Sheila, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar & Mom Sheila

Oscar & Mom Sheila Member

OSCAR (Canada) - High numbers Curve HELP!!!

Numbers still appear higher than I'd like them to be on today's curve. Dosage is 2 drops.
    AMPS 297/ +2 302/ +4 290/ +6 272/ +8 310/ +10 290/ PMPS 214/ +2 229

The way I'm interpreting the info re SLGS is that I should be giving the boy a .25 dose.
    Input would be appreciated so that I can give Oscar the correct dose tomorrow morning.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree it's time to go up on the dose

We want to see more numbers in the high greens and blues so I'd increase tomorrow

Oscar & Mom Sheila likes this.
  3. Oscar & Mom Sheila

Thank you for your input Chris. It confirmed that my thinking is coming more in line with the process of SLGS. In other words, I'm starting to "get it". The boy will get his .25 tomorrow. :cat:

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  4. Taffysmama

Taffysmama Well-Known Member

Oscar is a cutie!

Oscar & Mom Sheila likes this.
  5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

I can see you are able to monitor quite a bit. That is good, because going up to .25 is a pretty big change. I'm not so sure you shouldn't go to .1 first, but it's your call. He did go pretty low on .1, and even on a drop...

6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Though I agree that in general we would like to see more green/blue on Oscar's ss, I'm with Tricia in thinking that going up to o.25u should be undertaken with a lot of caution.
    Here's my reasoning.
    Today's curve looks like a bounce cycle, unfortunate in that it doesn't really give you a true picture of what this dose is doing for Oscar, but, it has me asking, What is Oscar bouncing off??

Looking at last nights numbers 1/26 pm cycle pmps was 241 then he was 193 at +2, so that to me looks like potentially that pm cycle was an active one, question is, How active?? He may well have gotten into lower blue or even possibly green, he does appear to be quite bouncy, and capable of dropping low and then zooming up before next test. The fact that the following cycle he bounced into high yellows and pink, reinforces in my mind at least that he went lower on 1/26 pm cycle.

I also think that he might have gotten lower on the cycle of 1/23, with my kitty getting a +1 that was lower than PS more often than not signaled an active cycle.

My advice to you, if you can, is to follow up on a +1 or +2 that is lower than PS, that might mean setting an alarm to test later in the cycle, I have a suspicion that you might be missing some lows there.

I'm not sure I would take him up, on SLGS that 76 5 days ago, should have seen you reduce the dose as per the guidelines (though some folk adjust the point that they take a reduction if they find kitty isn't holding or as they get to smaller doses), but with two nadir's in the last week below 15o (and one below 90) plus considering the points I made above, I might be inclined to hold the dose if I were doing SLGS.

7. Oscar & Mom Sheila

I did .25 this morning before I checked the most recent messages. I will take the advice of going to .10 on Oscar's PMPS & will continue with that until/if a change is required.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.