1/28 River (AMPS 115, +3 50, +4 82)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Hello from crazy snowy Chicago!
    Our last thread.

With wind chills dipping into dangerous territory this week we'll be able to keep a closer eye on River's BG levels. Stay tuned for me with cabin fever ;)

Every once in a while I get a peek at River and she looks better than EVER — so happy my kitty is back.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BtKeWkHnG-i/

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

:cool::cool::cool::cool:
    Dont freeze, stay warm

Paigeworthy likes this.
  3. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

We can take -25 below air temp!! Yikes!!! (although I too am not leaving my condo until Friday)
    River looks spectacular, Paige - has she gained weight back?

Paigeworthy and Krystina & Nelli like this.
  4. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Yes we can! Every time I see temps like this I think, "This is why I have cats. Cats don't need to be WALKED."

She is looking downright PUDGY lately! Yes, I imagine she's gained about 2.5–3 pounds back since her initial diagnosis.
    I am so thrilled.

5. Carol & Murphy (GA)

I know, right? I love dogs, but the thought of having to walk them at 6 am in driving rain and snow and wind chill of -45 - my heart goes out to all of those who can brave that.
    Thrilled that River has gained that weight back

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see you didn’t reduce with that 43. Are you going for three times under 50 or once under 40 before you reduce? That’s a technique for cats that don’t hold reductions well. However, and this is the big one, you reall6 need to be careful and get a second test eac( and every cycle. This method is more aggressive and you need to keep River safe. You can’t both ease off on testing and be more aggressive with dosing. Either reduce or test more. She came pretty close to the line again today.

Great news on River’s weight gain. :cool:

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  7. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Glad to see River doing so well and delighted to hear she is looking "pudgy" and gaining back what she lost. :joyful:

I too am hold up in my house watching the blizzard outside. Hearing about your expected -45 wind chills is making me feel much better about our expected wind chill of -33. Positively toasty here in comparison!:p

8. Carol & Murphy (GA)

It's been warmer in Alaska than in Chicago - in January!! Highs of minus 13 degrees Wednesday (air temp) wind chill down to -50. This will make the global warming deniers positively giddy

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Yup!:rolleyes: Ottawa was the coldest capital on the planet for a day not long ago....never happened before. Yesterday a friend of mine posted on FB that their low temps and all the snow they were expecting was definitive evidence global warming is a hoax.:banghead: I'm sticking to the term "Climate Change" hoping that will eventually clear up their confusion.

10. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Agreed