1/30 Webster - Update

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Websterthecat, Jan 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Hi everyone. It's almost been 2 weeks since my last update so I thought I would stop by.

I been taking a much slower approach with Webster in recent weeks, leaving him on a consistent dose and feeding schedule for several days before making any adjustments.

A week ago I upped his dose from 1U to 1.25U and he seems to be doing very well on it. Today was the third day in a row that he spent the day in the greens which is a first!

The way that I'm reading his numbers is that he seems to be bouncing but not nearly as high as he has been in the past and he seems to be clearing his bounces much faster.

It might be too early to tell if we are making some real progress but I have my fingers crossed.

What do you guys think about his SS?

2. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

It looks like progress to me!! Good work, guys. Have a great weekend.

Ella & Rusty

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great to hear a Webster update Mike. No black or red since you've started this dose and getting back to greens quickly. Webster's definitely doing better!:D:D I presume he's still getting neg for ketones too. :)

4. Jen&Eddie

Jen&Eddie Well-Known Member

Wow, those greens look really good on you, Webster. :D To my eye, it looks like Webster's liking this dose. Fingers crossed that he continues to flatten out and continue all those runs in green!

5. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Definitely looking better! Very glad to see this, Mike.

I hope you are de-stressing as well.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
  6. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Thanks everyone! Things have been much better in recent weeks compared to what they have been. :)

As for the ketones, I found that testing frequently really stressed me out. Whether he was at 0.4 or 2.4, I would get all stressed out either way and there was not a whole lot that I could do about it except for adjust his dose to get his numbers down and water down his food. Instead, I have been watering down his food every day to help flush out any ketones that may be present and keeping a close eye on his BG to keep them below 250.

I do want to get in the habit of spot checking him at least once or twice a week just to ensure that his ketone levels are not rising. In fact, I might do a meter check this evening.

7. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the progress :)
    With the 48, yesterday, you might want to lower his dose a bit. You could do the full .25 reduction, or shave the dose to a skinny 1.25 units. I'll try to get some other opinions.

8. Marje and Gracie

I thought you might be doing three times between 40 and 50 before reducing by 0.25u.

However...that 26 today means a full reduction of 0.25u tonight.

Please be sure you are feeding HC with karo and testing every 30 mins until he is up.

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  9. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Wow. Webster...up, up, up!!! Congrats on the ,25u reducie, Mike - Webster is on a mission!

10. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Thank you Marje. I was going the route of allowing him to drop 40-50 3x before reducing but today's 23 was way too close for comfort. He's going down a dose tonight.

What do you think about dropping him 1/8 U instead of the full 1/4u? He wasn't doing very well on the 1u, however, I know that circumstances could have easily changed in recent days.

Feeding him the highest carb food that I have on hand plus karo now. He seems to be rising.

11. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

I
    It seems like it. Hopefully his mission is not to drive me insane by continuing to bounce back and forth between 1u and 1.25u.

12. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

13. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

He wouldn't be the first cat to do that :rolleyes::woot:!

With that 23, Webster needs the full .25u reduction. This is from the TR protocol...please be sure to read the whole quote!

Jen&Eddie and Websterthecat like this.
  14. Marje and Gracie

Dyana gave you that info before she saw the 26.

From the Sticky on the TR protocol:

I would reduce by 0.25u. If he fails the reduction, you can go back up but better safe than sorry. That 26 means business.

15. Websterthecat

Websterthecat Member

Absolutely. I just want to do whats best for Webster.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  16. Marje and Gracie

:):) Good luck with the reduction.

Websterthecat likes this.
  17. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

After seeing the 26, I absolutely agree with the full reduction to 1.00 unit starting tonight.
    Good Luck with the new dose.

Websterthecat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.