1/4 Champ AMPS 462, +1 470, +2 416, +3 289, +4 269, PMPS 531, +1 463, +2 381, +3.5 305

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Champ, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patty & Champ

Patty & Champ Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Today was a busy day and then I had a function at church tonight. I thought I was going to get through the whole day without seeing black. Blah. I'm willing to shoot R a second time in the cycle if that is a good idea. I'll just wait for instructions. Champ still needs to be hand fed, but he eats well with that. He won't touch the kidney food so I've been feeding him FF chicken feast. He's drinking a lot of water, but that's better, I guess, than not drinking water. Champ had me so spoiled for so long, just mainly staying in the 100's so I never had to worry about him. I'm not used to this anxiety and stress anymore. It's tiring!!!

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good to see a few yellows popping in there. I used R with Levemir and not with Lantus, but I would often give R around +10 in the cycle, as long as Neko was on her way up. It helped cap the preshot and slowed the rise to onset. She wasn't a good example though, as her R onset was later than most (as was her Lev onset).

What kidney food have you been trying with Champ? There are quite a few low carb foods out there that are much lower phosphorus than Fancy Feast.

Patty & Champ likes this.
  3. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Patty, sending vines and prayers for Champ and you. Is that the kidney fuds from the Vet? Maggie (GA) wouldn't eat it either.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending more prayers.

5. Patty & Champ

I won't use the prescription diets, mainly because of cost and the fact that most cats won't eat it. I used Dr. Lisa's chart and found an Iams food that had only 112 in the phosphorus column, but still had a relatively low carb count at 16. It didn't affect Champ's blood sugar at all. And he loved the foot. It was Slow Roasted Turkey and Liver under the Purrfect Delicacies line. I also found a food under the Dave's brand, the Chicken and Whitefish under the Naturally Healthy Grain Free line, that was low in carbs at 4 and relatively low in phosphorus at 209. He won't eat either of them even though he tolerated the Dave's and devoured the Iams.

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  6. Patty & Champ

I really want to start giving him a second dose of R in his cycles, but I don't know the ins and outs. I'm very willing to learn.

7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Just a thought about the foods Patty.
    You may have already tried this, but I'll share anyway.

I too had to look at low P for George, now usually he'll eat anything so when I needed to make the change I wasn't worried.... well wouldn't you know it he turned his nose up at the low P food, I was beside myself.
    Anyways what I did, was introduce it slowly, I put down his regular food with a teeny tiny amount of the low p, did that for a few meals, then increased the amount of low p food a little at a time. It took me about 10 days but it was worth it because he now eats it with no problems.

8. Patty & Champ

To be honest, I never gave that a thought, but I'm certainly going to try it. Thanks!!

Gill & George likes this.
  9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Paws crossed you can trick him into it. Take it really slowly especially if he's a fussy eater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.