? 1/5 TiTi doing great, BUT what wacky jumps: 38-335-154-53. Why?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ing-and-all-the-other-ps.189124/#post-2103418

38@+12 This was supposed to be AMPS, but I delayed by 30 mins, & fed MC with several drops of honey
    335@AMPS 30 minutes later - looks like too much honey.
    134@+4.5 Quite a drop within 4 hours
    53@+5.5 1 hour later (huh?) o_O

TiTi is now acting better than she has for a long time - all my other cats are sneezing, so I think the weather change re-charged the herpes virus. Only TiTi is on meds for it, and I think it's knocking out the bacterial complications from the virus. I think she was sick from the re-emerging Herpes virus. She hadn't pooped for almost 3 days, and last night she finally pooped out a lot. So that could also have been affecting her numbers. I am now fairly certain that the pancreatitis was raising its ugly head as well.

So to explain the low numbers we have:
    1. Recovering from bacterial complication of Herpes
    2. A cleaning out poop event
    3. Pancreatitis coming under control via Dexamethasone and Cerenea (for nausea)

All this I understand.
    BUT :confused:
    Can the honey have bumped her up almost 300 points within 30 minutes? And , no I did not recheck right after the 38BG reading, and I know I should have, :blackeye: but I was morning-groggy. However, after looking at that 53BG, I begin to think that the 38BG was correct.

Is this a bounce from the honey?:confused:, or a normal bounce?:confused:, or insanity?:confused: (just kidding about "insanity-I think.) o_O

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad TiTi is feeling better and gave you some poop. It is possible the honey made her numbers jump up and then once it wore off her numbers came back down.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  3. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow ... what a morning. She sure is keeping you on your toes. I’m glad she is feeling so well.

4. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Glad to read she is doing so much better!

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Given Titi's big drop last night to +4, there is a chance that 38 was correct, though I would have retested. Also retested the 335. I don't think honey would bump her up that much. Did you test again after the 53 today? That's another big drop from the previous test so I wouldn't be surprised if she's heading low again. If she's feeling a lot better, the 9 units may be too much insulin now. Anyway, great to hear she's doing better. :)

6. Kathy and TiTi

That's what I was wondering. Thanks for the verification that it could have been the honey.

7. Kathy and TiTi

Yes, I did test her again: 147@+8 so she was climbing. She was 215@PMPS. Gave her 9U, because of the 335BG, and being so unsure of the validity of the 38BG. This means a busy night for me, I think.

I know I should have retested the 38, but I was too groggy to think of it. After feeding her, I reset my alarm for 7:45 and went back to sleep. The 335 was astonishing. Depending on how the night goes, I'm thinking a reduction for tomorrow at AMPS. How low need she go tonight to justify a reduction? @Wendy&Neko

8. Wendy&Neko

If you think there is any chance the 38 is correct, that is low enough for a reduction. The fact gnat she got to low 50's today makes me think it might have been right.

9. Kathy and TiTi

Yes she's very good at this...almost as if she's plotting.....

I'm beginning to think TiTi's a drama queen. TiTi plottting.jpg

10. Kathy and TiTi

Ok. But it awaits tomorrow, cuz I gave her the full 9U seventy-five minutes ago. I'll set the alarm thru the night. Too chancy to sleep through the night. I'll catch a nap tomorrow afternoon.

11. Kathy and TiTi

Dangit. 28@+3 after PMPS. Used honey. 174@+4., Better check thru the night. Clearly 9U is way too much insulin. @Wendy&Neko Should I reduce by .5U 0r 1U at AMPS?

12. Wendy&Neko

I would start with a 0.5 unit reduction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.