1-7 Gizmo AMPS=333; +3=245; +6=270; PMPS=219; +1=279; +2=261 New Puppy Pic

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Chubba (GA), Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

PMPS = 288
    +3 = 358
    +4.25 = 380

AMPS = 333
    +3 = 245

Gizmo got a dosecrease last night to 8 units. Hoping he comes down soon, but not to low today ... we need to go get puppy supplies and human food for the week (although Gizmo rarely believes that we really do need to shop for food:rolleyes:). Now on to the exciting news ...

We promised our son a puppy for his birthday, which isn’t for a few months yet. However, my husband found mini schnauzers in the paper yesterday and I thought one would be perfect in a month when they were ready. Well turns out they were 8 weeks old on Thursday and ready for their new homes. So yesterday afternoon, we welcomed 4.4 pound Mia into our household. All of the animals are very accepting of her except our civvie cat who is hissing and growling at everyone in sight. She will get over it soon enough ..
    I hope. :nailbiting: 82C40872-A84E-4475-8A92-FA26906A6D05.jpeg

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Aw! What a face! I hope your son enjoys his new pal and civvie warms up to him very soon. :)

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Mia))) she is adorable!!!! Congrats on the new addition!!!:)
    How is Gizmo these days? Hope he's feeling good:bighug: Good luck with the dosecrease.

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

How sweet.
    I am sure a balance will be struck. :rolleyes:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  5. Alicia & Maggie (GA)

Alicia & Maggie (GA) Well-Known Member

What a cute addition to your furry crew! Good luck with the increase.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  6. Chubba (GA)

Good to hear from you. How is Ming doing? I hope well!

Gizmo is doing good overall, just seems to be stuck in higher numbers lately. Hopefully this increase will get him back into better numbers. We saw a real glimpse of hope that the Cabergoline is working before Christmas, but it went away just as quickly as it came. :banghead:

The new puppy must of thought Gizmo was his mama overnight and this morning. She was chasing him around the house and appeared to be trying to nurse from him. :eek::joyful: Poor Gizmo ... he is so patient and understanding. He just kept moving away from her until I grabbed her.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  7. Beenie (GA)

Don't fret. Look at Beenie's SS she did the same thing by going back up in numbers and then all of a sudden she dropped down again. Gizmo will do the same:bighug:
    :joyful::joyful:That's hysterical!!! Gizmo is shaping up to be a great big brother already:)

Ming is doing great, thanks for asking. We still have to closely watch his Miralax dose. I keep having to tweak it by 1/8 of a teaspoon every few days. I now keep a Miralax dose/poop chart:rolleyes:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  8. Chubba (GA)

The things we do for our fur babies. Lol:p Glad things are going good with him.

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Mia is adorable. I hope your civvie settles down soon. Good luck with the new dose.

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  10. Chubba (GA)

With that PMPS i thought we might see some action tonight ... guess not. Which is just as well, this puppy is exhausting.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  11. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

How gorgeous Mia is! And how sweet Gizmo is to tolerate a rambunctious puppy... :)

Chubba (GA) likes this.
  12. Girlie's mom

I find that Miralax can be tricky as well. Trying to get just enough to get consistently good poos without having them end up too soft is a challenge, I find. Girlie's on 1/8 tsp am and pm now, but I think she needs more. I'm hesitant to increase because I don't want to go too far the other way. What's Ming's best dose? Do you find that you have a dose that seems to work well and then it changes?

13. Beenie (GA)

Oh my goodness it constantly changes. I was putting 1/4 tsp twice a day in beechnut baby food (turkey) which he LOVED. Won’t touch it now:confused:
    So I now mix it in with cream cheese! He is really digging that:). I know cats are lactose intolerant so this adds to helping him go. Was working then I had to reduce the dose because he started dropping “milk duds”. Was down to 1/8tsp twice a day but we’re right back to 1/4 and Im waiting for that good poop to come!! Its crazy. I think I need to measure the cream cheese so that’s consistent.
    Before he was in the ER for two days I was giving AVJ and egg yolk powder but it wasn’t doing the trick. IM vet felt Miralax is the best way to go.

Girlie's mom likes this.
  14. Girlie's mom

Oh boy - the "joy" of trying to find the right dose of Miralax. Fortunately, Girlie will eat it in her food. My problem: getting the right dose. I feel like Goldilocks, except I'm focused on poo, not beds! :p

Beenie (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.