? 1/8 TiTi doing great, but do her numbers suggest the pancreatic inflammation is returning?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kathy and TiTi, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...unced-but-hit-97bg-green.189276/#post-2105836

She really is doing great, but her numbers are higher than I'd like. The bouncing has settled into yellow to high green, which is a little disconcerting because it resembles her pattern right before she crashed.

I hope it doesn't mean that the pancreas are flaring up again. As I understand steroids and inflammation, the steroid greatly reduces the inflammation. During that time, in TiTi's case, I was hoping that the inflammation would get knocked out, and not return, or that some natural healing of the pancreas would occur. If neither of these processes occur,-when the steroid wears off, TiTi will see a return of the inflammation. If she does, then another crash might occur.

I hope I'm misreading these numbers. Feedback is appreciated

2. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

She had a 93 today. I would just take it one day at a time. Gizmo's last flare really knocked him back on his BG numbers and completely changed his overall cycle numbers. Do you give any pain meds? Not familiar with herpes or the symptoms-does it seem like that may be a factor?

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope TiTi flattens out for you in some lower numbers and the inflammation is gone. Sending prayers.

Kathy and TiTi likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Titi has seen green the last two days and could still be bouncing from that 28 a few nights ago. Time for patience pants.

5. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

Yes. It was a "perfect storm" of pancreatitis, Herpes and serious constipation all hitting her at the same time. Because TiTi struggles with constipation all the time, I'm afraid to give pain meds. One bout of constipation almost killed her.Herpes is sneezing, coughing, sometimes fever, and inappetence. It can lead to pneumonia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.