1/8 Wally - AMPS: 436, +6: 405: PMPS: 433

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Wally & Stefano, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

Hello all,

prev. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...3-6-337-pmsp-417-is-tomorrow-again-5u.209153/

Today the good news about Wally are:

- ketones are down to 0.3 on blood test
    - some weight gain, from 4.5kg to 4.6kg (he was stuck to 4.5 even though he is eating 1.5x normal weight calories)
    - he slept with me the whole night .... for the last 40 days he strangely preferred to sleep on his own!
    - he didn't wake me at 6 in the morning crying for food
    - he played with her sister the whole evening

As you can see the number are still high.... I am going to increase to 5.5u tomorrow morning!

Question: I've read that on AMPS and PMPS measurements food should be removed 2 hours in advance. How do you manage in the morning to remove 2 hours before , or 2 hours before back from the office?

Any advice for Wally is very welcome :bighug: ...Wally sends hugs to all of you

wally-climbing.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

So handsome!! :)

Wally & Stefano likes this.
  3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I like the good news. :) Looks like Wally is a climber. And good luck with the increase.

The removal of food for two hours before preshot is mostly for newbie’s until you have a good idea how much their numbers go up with food. You don’t want to shoot a number that is artificially higher with food, especially with a low preshot number. Not a worry for you now, but one day it will be. As for removing the food, do you have that autofeeder yet? Is it one that rotates? Is so, you program it to rotate to an empty slot at +10. It was never a problem for me, Neko always cleaned her dish as soon as food was put down.

4. Wally & Stefano

Wally & Stefano Member

Thank you Wendy, I will keep you updated... I really hope his BG will go down to better numbers! ...and yes I confirm he's a climber especially when food is around :)

We just received our Petsafe 2meal timed feeder... I'll test it tonight for the first time. :bighug:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Kris & Teasel likes this.
  5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

What a magnificent little guy! I love Russian Blues! My middle child is a Russian Blue "wanna be". He was a feral rescue but gets mistaken for a Russian Blue by those not in the know. His impersonation would be better if only he had those beautiful emerald eyes. :woot: