1/9 Billie AMPS 181 she's rallying

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deanna & Billie, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...4-some-improvement-today.189188/#post-2105003

After what probably ranks as the scariest week in Billie's history, she is starting to return to herself. I'm hardly seeing any tremors, and her coordination has improved a lot. A couple days ago, she was unable to groom herself - she would lift a paw to lick it but then seemed to lose her balance, and she seemed unable to reach most of her body. Now, she is grooming normally again!!! I burst into happy tears when I saw her grooming her tail. She is also walking better. Her back legs seem less wobbly, and she's not moving as slowly as she was. Her respirations are totally normal again. She even woke me up by furiously kissing my face this morning, which is very typical Billie behavior :cat: She still seems a little off, but I would say she's 80% there. I was so terrified that she was never going to be herself again and that her quality of life was going to be in question. She is so incredibly resilient. I'm just in awe of her. Thank you for bringing out the L&LL magic to help her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you. :):):)

Deanna & Billie likes this.
  3. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yes, L&LL prayers are truly magical....this is such wonderful news!!

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

:):):):):) That’s our Billie. She’s lucky her mama got her help quickly! Seratonin syndrome is very serious.

5. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Thank you all!!!

@tiffmaxee I'm so lucky I was helicoptering...I was feeling stressed from her IM appointment earlier and considering taking a nap or going to get dinner but something didn't feel right and I decided to stalk Billie instead. I noticed her hanging out in a corner I've never seen her in, then noticed the twitching and scary fast respirations, put her in the carrier and off we went to the ER in a panic. It was awful. We also got lucky that one of our all time favorite vets was there. She knew what was happening and gave her cypro right away.

The first night, she was so shaky and agitated that she could barely even lie down and I remember thinking, I would give anything to see her sprawled out napping or curled up in her cat tree.

Here she is!!!! :):):):)

0109181935a.jpg

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That's an adorable picture.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great news that Billie is recovering. Maybe the helicopter can land for a while. :)

8. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Love the picture. I’m so glad everything fell into place. After reading s out a couple cases that weren’t so lucky I decided never to use mirt. :bighug::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.