1/9 Rusty (on steroid) AMPS 263, +9 218, PMPS 306; dose increase; +4.5 125

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Good Evening, L&LL,

First of all a big congratulations to @Chris & China! OTJ :):joyful::D

I was out on a x-c ski all day, so I don't know where Rusty's nadir was, but it is clear that the steroid is raising his blood glucose, so this evening I raised his dose from a fat 0.10U to 0.25U (which I calculate as 0.20mm on the digital calipers, Monoject syringe). We'll hold it for 6 cycles and see where it takes us. Whatever we have to do, it is already worth it: Rusty's sinus congestion has to all intents and purposes completely cleared up!!! He can breathe again. He was even purring today (first time in months). I hope this will continue. His appetite wasn't good last night or this morning. Edward got him to eat some food this afternoon, and this evening he has, so far, eaten almost all of his dinner. I think the vetty visit and perhaps the steroid shot were a shock and he is now getting over it.

Our group of 12 had a terrific ski through breathtakingly beautiful woods. We had to break trail and the snow on the sides of the ski track was really deep. It made getting up from a fall extremely difficult, as many of us (including me) found out! It was quite an adventure. It may be the last good skiing for a while. The weather forecast is for ice and freezing rain beginning tomorrow night and lasting into Sunday. We are hoping it will not be an ice storm like the infamous storm here in 1998 (which is still talked about as if it were yesterday).

Yo! China's OTJ party is in full swing. A fabulous party for a fabulous kitty. Party on!
    ~ Rusty

2. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

No fun about the higher numbers, but you can fix that with more insulin and it sure sounds like the steroids were worth it! Hooray for breathing easy, Rusty, and double hooray for the purring! :bighug:

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think the whole idea is to stay upright on the ski's.....LOL

Sounds like a beautiful day though...and I bet you'll sleep well tonight!!!

So great to hear Rusty's breathing is so much better! I know that has to make you feel better too...and purring on top of it? That's the best!!

Yo, Chef Rusty....Great fuds at da pawty tonight!! You iz da bomb!! ~ China

4. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Good to hear that Rusty's breathing has improved already!
    Now that you're increasing his dose, why not switch over to the BDs now and figure out the new doses on them?

5. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Because the lines on the MJs are much easier to see and there are almost never bubbles. Also they are easier to use with calipers because they don't have that fat top of the syringe. I may yet change my mind. Last week I figured out the doses on both brands.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Nothing like a special occasion OTJ party to bring Rusty back down onto the beach. :cool:

Great news that his breathing is better.

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Rusty's breathing is better. That makes it worth it. It sounds like you had a good ski day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.