10/09 Nelli +10.5 148 PMPS 147

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

The link to the condo didn't paste.

Wishing you and Nelli a great day!

3. Krystina & Nelli

Got it... thanks ;)
    You and Bailey, too!

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start for Nelli. I hope she surfs safely today.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  5. Krystina & Nelli

Come on Furball... DdRrOoPp!

6. Krystina & Nelli

Hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go!
    Sending caring thoughts to all those in need :bighug:

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Nice blue start
    Have a great day

8. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nellie is looking quite impressive today - nice blues after all that dental biz yesterday! Isn't it amazing how well 'they' do - after all our hand wringing and worrying - they waltz thru these things and look at you like you're nuts for having worried - at least that's the vibe I get from Luci - she's very chillaxed...and I'm a wreck...:) Hope you're having a better - calmer day Krystina :)

9. Krystina & Nelli

10. Krystina & Nelli

Yes... i’ll tell you Nelli is one amazing kitty cat although she is becoming old :-( that is reality I need to be aware of. On a more positive note OMG Nelli is almost back to her old self as far as how far she ventures going out front door and down steps that are kind of high going next-door and sleeping under the house. This morning she actually was trotting A little when I opened front door for her to go out :)!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  11. Krystina & Nelli

Calmer yes… I am very good at unconsciously riding up on a plane getting through stress well. But after the fact when I’m through whatever stress I crash and am completely physically and mentally drained. I’ve got this hangover today. So very thankful on how all has unfolded since our road trip which started yesterday morning At 7:45 AM!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Awwww...I'm so happy to hear that!:cat:

She's certainly come a long way mama! :woot: I remember when you first started posting about her legs - the neuropathy - how devastated you were about her condition. Now she's 'trotting'!!! She must feel like a new gal today! Amazing! Cats certainly do surprise us don't they? With their resilience and maybe it's true about those nine lives???? :kiss:

13. Bellasmom

Nice numbers today Nelli! So glad to hear she’s getting closer to her old self, your one heck of a kitty momma, nice job:bighug::bighug: bella is thinking about a all night swim:eek: he’s crazy and always picks the days no one will be here or when we need sleep to pull his stunts:rolleyes: just stay away from da sharks, he’s crazy enough he likes to swim with them on occasion :nailbiting:

14. Sue and Luci

Mama, he just wanted to save all the fun for when you're home :) He's just smart like that...not cwazy...:cool:

Krystina & Nelli and Bellasmom like this.
  15. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Looking good Miss Nelli! Guess she was anxious to go outside and show off her new gleaming pearly whites! So glad the dental is behind you and Nelli. Looking forward to some better numbers for her. Even if she did not have to lose any teeth, just gum inflammation is enough to cause their BG's to rise.

16. Bellasmom

Ur rights, he’s not crazy he’s NUTS

17. Krystina & Nelli

Probably a... question but I was wondering if I need to feed Nelli at same time I give shot or can I feed her and then shoot her two hours later?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  18. Sue and Luci

There is no such thing as a stupid question!

I'm not sure where it says this - but I believe they're supposed to eat within 15 minutes of getting insulin - something about metabolism and having food on board to keep the insulin from ..what? Overloading her blood stream...seems to make sense to me - as the pancreas kicks in (or tries to) when you eat - so insulin will be given 'when you eat' or at around that time. I'd be reluctant to wait more than 15 minutes or so after she's eaten to administer insulin. So here's my question - why do you have to wait so long between feeding and shooting?

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We typically, test, feed, and shoot, all within about 15 minutes or so. Why would you want to feed early or delay her shot?

20. Krystina & Nelli

I was very late with shot Time this morning. She would like to eat but doesn’t get her shot until 830 at the earliest. I decided instead of skipping the shot this morning to give her a two hour late!?! Shot. Have I screwed the schedule up badly? Thanks for your and @Sue and Luci response :)

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The metabolism is not why we do T/F/S together. Typically we tell new people not to feed in the two hours before they do the preshot test, so the preshot test number is not food influenced, especially if the cat running in low numbers. It would be OK to give her a small zero carb snack, like some boiled chicken breast of freeze dried treat, to tide her over. But save the main meal until shot time. You want the carbs from the meal to be on board when the insulin onsets, to try to limit steep drops.

22. Krystina & Nelli

Ok, thanks...
    Nelli meals (and snacks) are always 0 carb. Would this have an effect one way or another not having carbs from meal when insulin on sets? And a fact such as steep drop would not happen based upon the dinner when shot was given. Am I making any sense? I feel like I am not making any sense o_O

23. Bellasmom

Hows ur weather
    Its pouring here
    Stay safe and dry

24. Krystina & Nelli

Stormy... Poured earlier