10/10/2018 PHOEBES AMPS 155 +3 134 +7 104 Pmps 128

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Phoebes (GA), Oct 10, 2018.

1. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-9-2018-phoebes-amps-172-5-94-pmps-107.204555/

Miss P has had her chemo pill. But still showing good signs of eating today. Keeping paws crossed. She has been very loving this am. Even to the pill pusher (DH). Anxious about the vet visit Friday for her CBC.
    My heart goes out to @shelaghc prayers and vines for those in need. Since these appy pills do I feed her as often as she wants or is it too much on her system? She's wanting food every hour. I give her a 1/2 can of ff at a time. But basically been giving her 5-6 cans a day.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Phoebe is eating for you. I'd feed her a little at a time and let her eat if she wants it. Do you have any freeze dried treats you could give her to help with the hunger?

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

She don't like the freeze dried ones so I bought her some not so good for her ones. But she only gets with pills. I tried the fishy ones the chicken ones, she won't even eat Bonito flakes. Don't tell the other cats, they will take her cat card away. Maybe boil some chicken and give that inbetween? She's such a cat! :banghead:

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

5. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

She's a beautiful pusscat.
    Personally I'd feed her as she wishes but little at a time. There again that's just softy ole me.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I would use the scales to determine how much you need to feed. I wouldn't want to fill her up, but if she needs to gain weight (which she does), then I'd give her a little extra. Boiled chicken is also a great idea.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree that boiled chicken is a great idea.

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Boiled chicken pieces make perfect treats. Rusty didn't like Bonito flakes, either. It turned out that he was allergic to fish.
    Good luck with figuring out a good menu for Phoebe! And good vines for the vetty visit on Friday.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  9. Phoebes (GA)

That's what I've been doing, but then thought what if I'm making her miserable by letting her gorge herself!? But I want her to eat and would much rather have this PussCat then the one who wouldn't eat anything.

10. Phoebes (GA)

Am I making her worse by filling her?

11. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you :) :bighug:

12. Wendy&Neko

I don't think you are making her worse by filling her, just meant leave a little room in case you have to deal with lower numbers.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  13. Phoebes (GA)

Ohhhh, ok gotcha. :) do you think she needs a dosecrease?

14. Wendy&Neko

Her numbers are still a bit high, though likely still under renal threshold. You could try an increase and see what it does.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  15. Phoebes (GA)

Thank you @Wendy&Neko that's what my gut is telling me.