10/10 Gordy AMPS 311, +10=236 | PMPS 230 *dental tomorrow*

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Oct 10, 2018.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

The AMPS cell for yesterday is empty. Don't you want to show off that green??? I wouldn't increase .. give it 6 cycles from that green.

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Gordy slides down and surfs for you today.

4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Work it Gordy.

5. CassAndGordy(GA)

+10=236

Gordy's dental is scheduled for tomorrow... i had to make some magic happen at work to do it. He'll be staying over night though because I can't pick him up. (They said they won't charge me for that just because of the circumstances.) So, no insulin at all tomorrow. He won't be monitored too much overnight so Id prefer him to run high. I can give him insulin at the vet when I pick him up friday.

This works because Rex and Raptor have their checkups on Saturday, so if he needs anything extra after, I'll be heading that way anyway.

Also, the lady who I was talking to told me the vet wants me to increase him to 3.5u... based on a frustosamine. I told her how 3.25u has been too much and that I will politely decline the order LOL. I'll have to show the vet my spreadsheet.

There are legit tornado warnings for my county right now. Effects from hurricane Michael. We aren't suppose to get some of serious issues from it... but we will get the storms.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  6. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad you didn't have to wait too long to get Gordy in.

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  7. CassAndGordy(GA)

PMPS 230

My only concern is that they were adamant on the no food after midnight rule. *sigh* i may break the rule and give him a tiny bit around 3am. For all they know... he is a slow digester.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck tomorrow!

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sending lots of good dental vines.:bighug: And some for good weather too!

Depending on how he does from the dental, an increase looks good. He didn't actually earn the reduction down to 3.0 units and he failed the reduction so you've been holding it too long. However, given the pending dental, things could change. When Neko had an extraction, she had inflammation, so I had to increase over the short term.

My dental vet was OK with up to 1/3 breakfast up to 6AM. But if Gordy is scheduled first in line for the dentals, it could be the cutoff is earlier than that.

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending good luck with the dental tomorrow. Stay safe in the hurricane!

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Awesome with the dental tomorrow! It sounds like you were the "Velvet Bulldozer" on the phone! Good job Momma and good luck tomorrow. Did they give you the time he would be done? I gave Bubba a little bit of food after midnight on his dental day too because I knew they weren't doing him until late morning and that food would be long gone out of his stomach by then. Wet food can move in 4-5 hours and that was according to the vet that removed Bubba eye.

12. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Sending perfect dental vines, and quick recovery vines to your Gordy for tomorrow. Stay safe in that storm. :bighug:

13. CassAndGordy(GA)

They didn't give me a time slot, but I have to have him there between 7 and 8... which is fine because I'll have to speed to work for my 745 open.

I've been thinking it over and I think I'll ask them to give insulin when he starts eating. It'll probably be more than 12 hours before I give him his next, but it'll get him through. I'm just worried that if they dose, they'll 1) not listen to me on the amount and 2) not realize how fast he comes down with no food. I really have trust issues with my vets and insulin.

I think this will be my plan. He does need more juice, I can see that... its just trying to find the sweet spot where he surfs nicely. Honestly, I'd kill for nice flat ,blue cycles. But maybe after he heals from the dental, I'll have a better idea of where to go next with it.

I wish I didn't have to leave him overnight. =(

14. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending dental vines. I'm glad you were able to get him in. Stay safe.