10/11 Bailey AMPS 121 +6 67 PMPS 96 +1 106 +1.5 93 +2 86 +3 71/74 +3.5 68 +3.75 71 +4 69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rosie & Bailey, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Reason for edit: Changed title
  2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Nice run of numbers yesterday.

3. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks Paula!

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

What a nice run for Bailey yesterday! Now here's hoping she can get off the beach and to the lagoon today!

5. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks Amanda! I hope so too!

6. Rosie & Bailey

FF= 2 carb, then 3 carb Crave=7 carb Friskies=14 carb

Daytime Surf Log:
    AMPS 121 +1 168 +2 131 +3 99 +4 85 +5 74 +6 67 +7 74 +9.5 84 +10 94

Nighttime Surf Log:
    PMPS 96 1/2 can FF. Normal behavior
    +1...................106.................No food. Normal behavior.
    +1.5............... 93...................1 tsp FF + sliver of Crave. Very hungry.
    +2...................86.................. 1 tsp equal parts FF+Crave
    +2.3............... 73................... 1/4 can FF+ Crave + few drops Friskies gravy
    +3..................71/74............... 2 tsp FF(3 carb) + 1 tsp Friskies Gravy
    +3.5...............68......................1 tsp FF + 1 piece Friskies Beef w savory gravy
    +3.75..............71......................1 tsp FF + Friskies gravy
    +4...................69.......................1 tsp FF + drop of honey +Friskies gravy
    +4.5................77........................No food

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Reason for edit: Updating
  7. Rosie & Bailey

FF= 2 carb, then 3 carb Crave=7 carb Friskies=14 carb

Daytime Surf Log:
    AMPS 121 +1 168 +2 131 +3 99 +4 85 +5 74 +6 67 +7 74 +9.5 84 +10 94

Nighttime Surf Log:
    PMPS 96 1/2 can FF. Normal behavior
    +1...................106.................No food. Normal behavior.
    +1.5............... 93...................1 tsp FF + sliver of Crave. Very hungry.
    +2...................86.................. 1 tsp equal parts FF+Crave
    +2.3............... 73................... 1/4 can FF+ Crave + few drops Friskies gravy
    +3..................71/74............... 2 tsp FF(3 carb) + 1 tsp Friskies Gravy
    +3.5...............68......................1 tsp FF + 1 piece Friskies Beef w savory gravy
    +3.75 .............71......................1 tsp FF + 1 tsp Crave + Friskies Gravy

We are trying to not give her a whole bunch of Friskies because last time we did that in response to low BG, she jumped dramatically and derailed her progress. Mainly concerned because of where we are in the cycle at only +3.5. Trying to gently guide her through the cycle, but obviously don't want her to hypo.

Any guidance is appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Reason for edit: Updating
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It can take up to 30 minutes for the carbs to go from the plate to the blood stream. As long as she is above the 68 on the pet meter, I would slow testing to every half hour. If she trends up or is flat for a couple tests, you can go to hourly tests. And I would just feed low carb at this point. If you are feeding high carb, you have to wait a couple hours for the carbs to wear off, to make sure she doesn't drop again. If she starts going up on low carb only, then she's rising naturally and it's safe to go to bed.

9. Rosie & Bailey

Thanks Wendy. The numbers are for human meter. I will be sure to make that clearer in my SS.
    We've given her quite a bit of gravy so I'm guessing I'll have to keep checking for a while.

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, I did get confused on what meter you are currently using. Maybe update the signature to show what you are currently using too. Upper 60's on the human meter is not so worrying. The tests for the last hour and a half are all within meter variance. She's got a lovely surf going. :D

11. Rosie & Bailey

We switched around trying to find a way to use the human meter because we were working closely with the vet, and that was her preference.
    We think we are doing well with the support we are getting here so now we can just stick to the human meter.

We were trying to keep Bailey's BG from plummeting so we gave her HC gravy on top of her LC food, plus one bit of HC food when we panicked. If I understand what you are saying, we see the effects of the gravy by testing 30 minutes after feeding. In addition, for the next few hours, we will still be seeing the effects of the HC gravy.

Thanks for your help!