10/11 Tina AMPS 98 (@ +18) +3 89 + 5.5 104 +9 100

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tina Marie (GA) and Jan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Yesterday 10/10

Hi everyone - Happy Friday.
    @Marje and Gracie is helping me input the 18-hour schedule on my spreadsheet. Let me know if I input my title wrong!
    I was so excited to see how Tina would do with this schedule, and then I gave my first ever fur shot. Where I shot was obviously wet when I pet her after injecting. So far, it's hard to see anything to that effect in her numbers. This plan means not shooting again until tomorrow at 7am (7:30 if I'm not home by 7am) - her normal shot time. Her last shot was what would normally be a +6 for this morning (FS); the one before that at PMPS the prior evening.

GOOD news: With the help of DH, Tina received her first at home fluids. Loved your video Marje. I feel so much better after the first time, and listening to that calm voice Marje has, beforehand. Right after the fluids, she happily ate dinner with her friends, instead of being on her own. They all enjoyed her brand of food.

The morning started ok, but this second eye had a very painful part - the (laser/pressure) astigmatism correction which I didn't have done on the first eye. The following lens replacement went well.

I need to stay off the computer more than I usually do;) Thank you all so much for your support:)

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Fur shot = less testing = better for your eyes. All part of the grand plan. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Surprise mum Tina.

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh Jan! I'm so sorry to hear that it was painful this time. And you're doing just fine with Tina. You rest...forget about this computering for a while...we'll all be here when you get back.

Sending get well vines your way :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Tina is looking no worse for the wear after a furshot!

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Take the time you need for your eye to heal. I'm sorry part of it was painful. Sending prayers for your recovery.

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Sorry it hurt this time but you must be so happy it's all over with. Take care of yourself and get a good rest. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Tina, your mama could use a whole night of cuddles from you and Targa :bighug:

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Jan

She’s definitely doing great. If she stays green like this or low blue, you won’t want to shoot at 7 pm even if you “think” you gave a fur shot because that would just be six hours since the last shot; you might have gotten some insulin in her.

However, you might want to test her at 6:30 pm your time and see what she’s up to. If she has shot up to yellows, it probably was a fur shot.

Considering your surgery, you might want to take the night off either way and get back on track in the morning. She will be fine even if it was a fur shot.

Hope you are resting and recuperating.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  7. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Your eyes and comfort level are more important at the moment. Put a dollar in the jar for the fur shot. Eventually, you will have enough for a nice bottle of wine or some really good chocolate for those late nights.

8. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Thank you ALL Very much. I feel so lucky. This day has been saved for being able to come here for support and get help for Tina! Very little testing tonight, since this kitty is waiting until normal AMPS tomorrow for any insulin:)
    She is already feeling better and happily hungry after the fluids. Have a great evening:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  9. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

So glad your home and everything is fine. Sorry you had some unexpected pain this time:( but hopefully by tomorrow you will be feeling better and seeing so much better too!
    Tina looks great shot or no shot. Sometimes things happen for a reason and maybe this reason is that you just need extra rest.
    Feel good and hope to see you on the board when your eyes are up to it.:bighug:

10. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Glad she is staying good despite furshot. Test the eyes. Like it was said earlier, we will be here.

Maybe husband can read posts to you.........

11. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Congrats on successfully giving fluids! And please, rest up Jan! You deserve it :bighug::bighug:

12. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

I like Paula's idea, get DH to read posts while you rest your eyes! :joyful: glad everything seems to be going okay. Furshots are so disheartening, especially when other factors are at play! But everyone does it from time to time... even you aren't perfect, dear Jan, and you are such an amazing mom to Tina :bighug:
    Sending rest and recoup vines from me and Figaro.

13. Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA)

Ti-Mousse (GA) Pepe (GA) Well-Known Member

Rest and take your time Jan! Everything is done, you just have to recover now! We all think of you and send you healing and happy vines! :bighug: