10/11 Titan AMPS 182, +4 128. PMPS 139, +3 124 Desmopressin change

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MyTitan (GA), Oct 11, 2018.

1. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Titan 10/8.

Good morning land of L&L :coffee:, well the rain finally stopped late last night after three days but the wind is howling out of the NW and there were a few white flakes and ice pellets doing bird chores this am. Thanks to @Carol in Chicago for the advise on Desmopressin pills. Checked with my pharmacy and they do stock the .15% for us beans. Dr Becky wrote a prescription and we started last night, a quarter tablet 2x a day. Cost is a dollar a day :). That sure beats the $26 a day I was looking at with nose/eye drops. Now we need paws crossed this helps Titan. Not holding out a lot of hope but sure feel it's worth a try. We will get a urine concentration check next week and we should be able to tell if it's working if the drinking/peeing slows down. At least his BG's are holding steady. Hope everyone has a good day and chin scritches to all the kitties :cat:, Ed .

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the desmopressin change helps Titan. Sending prayers.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the new dose on the desmopressin. If guess if that doesn't work, does that mean not diabetes insipidus?

4. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

I hope the new dose works for Titan! Definitely has a better price tag on it. Sending vines!

5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad you found a cheaper option. Sending vines that it helps Titan. :bighug:

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't see any lab #s for urinalysis.

7. MyTitan (GA)

Not really, Dr Becky is of the opinion that maybe the kidneys may not be able to absorb/use the Desmopressin but we may never know and then we just stay with the status quo. :confused:

8. MyTitan (GA)

Not really a urinalysis, just a specific gravity test to measure the concentration of the urine. If I remember correctly his numbers on the first two test (on nose drops .01 concentration) were between 1017-1019 which doesn't mean much to me but Dr Becky said normal should be around 1040 so he is lower ie dilute urine. We are on day three now of the pills but not much change in drinking/peeing. I will do a urine check next Friday. :)

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  9. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

That's great you found out it is available for humans and it's much cheaper. I hope it works!

We had our first sunny day yesterday after a full week of dreary weather. Now it's icky again today. :rolleyes:

MyTitan (GA) likes this.