10-12-18 Jones AMPS 164, +9 178 PMPS 158

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tracey&Jones (GA), Oct 12, 2018.

1. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday

AMPS is a little higher this morning but with some dry in the mix and dose decrease...will have to just get the tests in and then go from there.

He still hasn't pooped yet since the fasting. I figured there will be a delay but figured something would come out by now.

He ate well overnight even with the extra calories from the dry and not being on cypro for a few days.

Didn't give him bupe last night but he seemed a little uncomfortable this morning after eating. Do the whole loafing but moving every minute to a new position. So gave him another dose this morning. Within minutes he crawled up his tree and snuggled right in for a nap. I gave him some pets and put his heating pad on to keep warm.

Sending healing power/prayers and extra scritches to Frosty, Phoebe and Grandpa (and sister Trixie) this morning.

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the bupe seems to be helping Jones and he is eating well for you. Sending prayers. :bighug:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Glad he was able to get comfy. I'm always afraid not to give the bupe at night because I don't want her hurting thru the night and since I don't get up and check on her, it just gives me peace of mind.
    Glad he's eating. Yay for this day!! Big hugs!

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Do you give every 12 regardless or do you just do at night and play it by year during the day.

I know...love my bag of bones right now.

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Give Jones a cuddle from me. :bighug: I gave bupe every 12 hours regardless. You want to stay ahead of pain.

7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Will do! Ok, I will give it every 12 for now then.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  8. Tracey&Jones (GA)

We had a normal poop today which is nice to hear. Got the ultrasound report back. So from the BW and US we have:
    1. Noted was signs of pancreatitis - no masses found.
    2. Liver is enlarged most likely due to medications. BW had normal liver values.
    3. Kidneys show the early onset of CKD - bloodwork had normal kidney values.
    4. Bladder is normal.
    5. Stomach looked normal.
    6. Intestines show signs of inflammation but no worse than what is there in 2016. Of course we don't know if it is just IBD or SCL without a biopsy.
    7. He is anemic 27% vs 30 - 45% normal range.
    8. His folate is extremely high.
    9. B12 is low side of normal - considering he is getting injections this is surprising.
    10. T4 - is normal.
    11. Spec-FPL - is high 7.7 normal range is 0.0-3.5.
    12. Glucose high.

I will update his lab sheet over the weekend. I look at the sheets and read them and get scared. Time to go cuddle with my playboy.

9. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I give a reduced dose every 6-8 hours pretty regular. Sometimes if she's acting ok I give her it every 12 but she has at least 2 doses a day. :bighug::bighug:

10. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

What? No scritches for my bony cat?
    I can split up Noah's BUPE into 2, 3 or 4 doses as long as the daily total adds up correctly. The truth is I don't measure accurately most days, he just gets a blob that looks about right. It worries me that the dog is sneaking down here at night and finishing off the cat food, the dishes are too clean and I know Noah is a picky/fussy eater. I've never seem him stumble in low light so I'm not worried about his PM BUPE, just wish he would eat when I put the food down. Yesterday I caught Lewis twice scarfing down Noah's food. I'm sorry to say this but sometimes I show Lewis the squirt bottle, he just has no conception of cat manners.

11. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug:❤️:bighug::bighug: