10/12 Tess AMPS~436 +3~395 +5~174 +10~Hi R PMPS~330 +3~236 +6~319 +10~541

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Saturday

Yesterday was not a good day for our little old lady.:oops: She seemed constipated again, running back and forth to the LB all evening. I did not believe the amount of pee, several times she didn't make it all the way to to box, so the living room is covered w/ newspapers and pee pads. She has had trouble getting into the box or maybe just exhausted when she gets there and peeing over the edge. I got lots of exercise last night following her to the box and helping her in all the way.:rolleyes:

Appy was crappy too, only a little in the morning so John syringe fed he late last night.

She did finally have a poop around midnight and settled down. it wasn't dry, but it was quite firm so I hope things are finally moving. The x-rays on Thurs showed only a little poop in the colon, no obstructions, but she is having such a bad time of it. So we still don't know what the problem is.

Still no interest in food this morning so I'm being a little more aggressive about syringe feeding today. It seems like she has one good day and then a bad one. Numbers are awful too, but I'm hoping that it is NDW and will get better after today.

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm sorry she isn't feeling like herself....sending tons and tons of prayers....

3. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Awww, poor Tess still feeling blah. Sending lots of vines and purrs for a speedy recovery!

4. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Many vines of all kinds for your sweet kitty and big hugs for the beans.
    Liz

5. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Bushels of vines for Tess and her most amazing beans.

Marilyn and Polly

6. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding vines and prayers.
    hope you find something she will eat with more gusto.

7. MaineLove

MaineLove Member

Sending bundles of healing thoughts and prayers your way! The food issue is always a hurdle. Still looking for a food for the civie, Joy. I actually think she is having a reaction to the z/d wet, as she has the pouty mouth and lesions on her neck and under her chin. She didn't have any reaction to the z/d dry, but yikes, it is 40.5 carbs. Is it possible they could be allergic to the wet and not the dry? As soon as I see some improvement in her skin I'm going to try Wellness Chicken Grain Free Chicken. As luck would have it she doesn't like the Nature's Variety LID Turkey that Coral eats, go figure! So hurry and feel better Tess. Kathe and Coral

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Feel better soon Tess. Vines coming your way, hugs for the beans. :bighug:

9. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

She ate on her own! We got a chicken from Von's and she has eaten about 3/4 ounce as well as the syringe feeding earlier. Thanks to everyone for all the vines tey are helping.

Tess even purred tonight while I was petting her!:cat: :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

10. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Glad she decided it was better to eat on her own tonight :)

Vyktor has trouble getting his poops out these days too, consistency is fine (sometimes a little clay firm but never hard) the only thing I can think of that might cause it is loss of muscle. Tess seems to be a lot more agile than Vyktor (judging by her escape artist tendencies!) but maybe she has lost some muscle mass where it counts. He was overdue last night and was so grumpy and agitated, I couldn't get a single purr out of him (if his daily life was like that... Well you know) but after pooping this morning he was a little purrball again. His poops are generally a little lumpy too not nice smooth logs more like bits mashed together. Is Tess the same? The only smooth logs I have seen out of him in years was a couple of weeks ago after an acupuncture session. I mentioned it to the acupuncturist and she said she had needled him in the defacation spot (wherever that may be!) so I'm going to ask her to try and get that spot everytime from now on to see if we can have more of that - he even had an extra unscheduled poop that week! His next session isn't for a couple of weeks but I will keep you updated...

11. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann and John :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Many many vines for Tess. It is great that she felt better last night, and that she ate. YAY! Hooray for those purrs too. I am keeping you in my thoughts today little one.

Lots of better BG vines too. Down you go Tess.

I hope your day today is a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.