10/13 Tess AMPS~397 +3~272 +5~222 +10~Hi PMPS~Hi +3~344 +5~235 +10~516

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Oct 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Monday Thank you for all the vines, Tess does need them.

Tess actually ate quite a bit of chicken on her own last night and a little this morning, meh on Wellness, baby food and even tuna though. I skipped her bupe last night because she was looking pretty comfortable when I went to bed and John forgot this morning. So she got that and the amlodipine 2 hours late.

She did poop this morning which is good, but another bout of restless pacing and trying to poop more. We have a call in to her vet. I'm not sure if we should try to get a little more syringe fed or not. She hates it and I think I get more on her than in, her whole front is a mess! She really needs a bath! And a bib!

@Vyktors Mum Serryn, I did the massage this morning and after a couple of failed attempts she did push more out, very soft and sticky though, the earlier one was firmer. After the last one she was exhausted and just laid down nearby for a while. Interesting on the muscle weakness, Tess's back legs are pretty weak too. She does most of her climbing w/ the front legs.

John was a hero this morning! [​IMG] When he went out to find Emma for breffis there was a hummingbird caught in a spider web! He brushed the web away and the little thing flew off. That was some tough spider silk!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  2. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Ate least she has to eat the food that gets on her, right? Or does she not preen well? I hope her appy and poo situation gets sorted out soon! Lots of hugs and vines for you both :bighug:

That was quite a story about the hummingbird. I cannot believe how strong the spiders web was. Crazy! Glad John was able to help the little guy :)

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Ann & John,
    Just getting caught up after being absent yesterday and very glad to hear that Tess is eating on her own. I'm so sorry that she is going through such a difficult time right now. Rusty is outside picking a bouquet of beautiful autumn leaves with a few vines thrown in for his best gal.

That hummingbird was sure lucky!

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

4. Ann & Tess GA

Numbers are still bad and can't blame it on NDW anymore, just on feeling rotten. Tess ate a little more chicken this morning, but not enough so we had a syringe session. It went better today, not so soupy so not so everywhere! At least w/ the syringe feeding, I can get some pumpkin and more Miralax in her! i figure she hates it any way, get it all done in one fell swoop.

Hi Rusty, Oooooo, for me? Thank you! Sorry I haven't been on duty, but just too tired. -- Tess

5. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Sending heaps of vines to Ms T and hugs to her ever loving beans.

6. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

For John :kiss:

Vyktor does the pacing when he's trying to poop too, and his numbers go up. I'm going to ask his acupuncturist about back leg exercises next time she comes (in a couple of weeks) and whether that will help with the poop muscles, I will let you know. Apart from when he's pacing Vyktor is pretty sedentary these days so I give him enforced walks a few times a week where I drop him at the back of the yard so he has to walk back in himself, he does not appreciate it...

He is also a bit of a mess these days with me syringing things into him, he has his own wash cloth now but the coconut oil really seeps in there. He's a bit of a smelly filthy old man these days but I swear he just keeps getting cuter - it must be love!

Piling on more vines for Tess, eat up little girl.

7. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

adding more and more vines and prayers.

will she eat a scrambled egg?

8. Ann & Tess GA

Well, at least it isn't "Hi" but more R none the less.. I talked to Dr. S yesterday and we go back for another BP check tomorrow and to decide how to procede. We're going to give the Mirtazapine another try too. She thinks that the cypro may be having an interaction, so take that out and to take that out instead.

Thank you everyone, all the vines are greatly appreciated.

Anne & Zener GA likes this.
  9. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Ann and John :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Many vines for Tess. it is so hard when one is juggling aliments. Good luck with the adjustment of meds, I hope that will help her feel better. Good luck with the syringe feedings too. I also put some of the meds in there too, made it easier to try and get that all in him. I struggled with feeding with syringes, as Mannie just hated it! Got to the point he wouldn't swallow, so... we had to stop. Many many feel better vines for Tess. Thinking of you 24/7 little one.

WTG John with the hummingbird. KUDOS!

I hope you guys have a great day today.

10. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Bushels of vines for you all. Maybe even some hummingbird karma. Please feel better soon Miss Tess.

Marilyn and Polly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.