10/16 NELLI PMBG NS +2 142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-15-nelli-amps-217-2-145.204901/
    Nelli had worse ever acid reflux throwing up last night ever. Lost all her dinner, but not insulin?
    Was able to get a bit of Pepcid in her 20 minutes ago with a little treat. Has not had breakfast yet because we still need to wait 45m for shot time.
    Nelli is hungry.
    Should I feed her and Skip shot? Thanks

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Have you tested her yet?

3. Krystina & Nelli

Try to now...

4. carfurby (GA)

Sorry about the throwing up last night. Poor Nelli.

Getting a test now will help us see where she is and then you can test again at your normal AMPS time to see if it has gone up or down or she's staying flat.

5. Krystina & Nelli

6. Krystina & Nelli

7. carfurby (GA)

The board wouldn't let me back on to post for several minutes.

I think you are safe to give her normal dose with the 273. Is that AMPS or will get you one more test in before you give insulin?

8. Krystina & Nelli

Me Either!? Could not post kept getting shut out…

9. Krystina & Nelli

Her shot is due at 8:30edt, 35 min... 20 m if I shoot 15 early... was not planning on testing again, would you?

10. carfurby (GA)

If you're planning to shoot early, you probably don't need to test again. If you shoot at 8:30, I'd get another test. It's good data to have. I like to see if Furball's numbers go up or down if I can get a +10ish or +11ish test in before PS time. It's up to you.

11. Krystina & Nelli

I am going to get some bio-k and goats milk. I read theses are both helpful with acid reflux. She ate about a tablespoon of her Rad Cat which I put a little apple cider vinegar into. Picked food up until I return with probiotics... will update you.
    Thanks for checking in on Nelli.

12. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

I'm glad you were able to give the shot so that at least her BG can remain stable. I hope these things work for her acid reflux. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks...
    She just didn’t want to eat because of the acid reflux :-(.
    In addition to the bit of Bragg apple cider vinager, I put a little bio-k in her food and she (apprehensively) ate:cat: :).
    I am going to start feeding her four times a day, 1/2 serving meals now.
    Will stick with BioK today and maybe try a little goats milk tonight or in the morning.
    I wonder, is her BG high from all the throwing up last night?

14. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Hope she feels better soon:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  15. Rosie & Bailey

I would have expected the opposite effect. She still got her insulin, but now there's no food to counteract it. Maybe she was already going to be high, and would have been even higher if she didn't throw up.

We did that with Bailey, and we made the mistake of spacing the meals 6 hours apart. Problem is she was getting the second meal right when the Lantus was starting to wear off, which caused her BG to go way up into the red. I think it was Wendy who suggested that we try to have her get her full meal within those first few hours after shot time.

16. Krystina & Nelli

Was going to feed at AMPS, four hours later, four hours later (being 4 hrs before PMPS) and then at PMPS.
    Four half meals instead of two whole meals?
    Should be ok?

17. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You have to play around with meal times. Olive gets 1/2 can (3 oz cans) at AM then 1/2 can +2. Then 1/8 can between +4-6 when ever I test her and last one for cycle is 1/8 can at +9. Start again for cycle 2. She doesn't eat +9 in night cycle usually unless I'm up and put it in front of her. It seems PJ is eating it. I caught sneaky PJ eating the +6 last night. All of a sudden PJ isn't afraid of the feeder.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  18. Krystina & Nelli

@+4.5 fed 2oz rad cat with <1 tea. BioK. Acid reflux very mild.
    Nelli belli has settled now at +5.75.
    I believe the drip, drips... and a few more at a time, drips of BioK has really helped :).
    Next up... 3rd (1/2 of) meal at +8

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
  19. Krystina & Nelli

Does anyone know... I wonder if I put Briggs ACV in food along with BioK if the ACV might negate the BioK?
    Both I do know are good for her little belly- digestive track, immune system, et al.

20. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Hi Krystina, When do you start thinking of an increase for Nelli? She hasn't seen any low greens in a while. That's the toughest thing for me to figure out...the decreases are easy...but not when to increase. Might want to post and ask the experts to take a look at your SS - see if they have thoughts on when an increase might be in order to nudge Ms. Nelli back down into the lagoon. :)

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  21. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks. Will do.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  22. Krystina & Nelli

3rd (1/2 of) meal given at +8. Ate maybe 1 1/2 T. Walked away.
    Started smack, smack, smack, crunching jaw, obvious acid reflux was very much alive.

23. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Is that the kind of chewy on the side of the face with the tongue thing that they do?

24. Krystina & Nelli

Yes :-|

25. Joanne&TinySole

Thanks, and good to know. My cat Cookie is doing that. Now I have some more info to arm myself with when I take her to the internist on Thursday.
    I do hope Nelli improves. :bighug::bighug: for each of you.

26. Krystina & Nelli

Do you know this?

27. Joanne&TinySole

I'm sorry to say, yes. Cookie has been doing it, and I've been like, what the heck is this?!

28. Krystina & Nelli

Well, let me say something although the experiment just began – I believe it may actually be her food, Rad Cat. As the company has declined so have I noticed the quality in the food. Truly so… I gave her the usual Rad Cat chicken and as hungry as she was she hesitated came back hesitated and then started to eat. Walked away after a tablespoon or two and started this obsessive chop chop- drama mouth thing. Empty food bowl and replaced with Weruva, a zero carb canned food. No mouth antics, drama?! I wonder personally if the Rad Cat which is all she ever eats started the problem? Did the acid increase in rad cat recently? I will update my post over next few days… Don’t know what you are feeding Tiny Sole?

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  29. Joanne&TinySole

Tiny is my sugarbaby but is not having the weird chewy thing.
    Cookie, my other cat, who is also having problems eating like Nelli and doing that chewy thing.
    We're off to see an internist on Thursday. I'm hoping for some answers.

30. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

In response to your question, yes she has room for an increase. Only upper greens lately, and a little too much higher yellow. Feeling off may be raising her numbers, but I would increase until whatever the issue is, can be dealt with. I hope it's soon.

31. Krystina & Nelli

Wendy,
    Thanks.
    I believe I uncovered Nellie is acid reflux cause tonight. Rad cat?
    Without going into long story... fed her usual dinner of Rad Cat, produced same intense reaction, her not being able to eat more than couple T. without mouth drama.
    Yet clearly very hungry, I opened up a can of (new to her) Weruva Trulux Quick and Quirky.
    This went down (2/3 of can) with no after effect... mouth drama!?!
    Have noticed Rad Cat decline in quality over past couple of months- could rad cat have become acidic? Could I have purchased (recall) rad cat?
    Next few days feeding Nelli will tell.

32. Krystina & Nelli

Fell asleep after getting Nelli to eat a good dinner- while Nelli was finishing her dinner. Syringe was filled and ready to shoot-
    Woke up two hours later (30 m. ago), front door wide open where Nelli was on porch eating. Discovered filled syringe on kitchen counter...
    As two hours late with shot realized we had a NS tonight.
    I am running my life completely alone. Nelli increased needs, my business in growth mode (and) on heals of “season”- I am trying to attend all correctly and am failing. I will spend quiet time in thought and prayer in morning, become better equipped mentally and physically.
    Nelli will start over in morning with 5.5 U.
    Thanks for your support.
    Please hang in there with me.

33. carfurby (GA)

34. Bellasmom

If there’s anything ever I can do to help let me know, we don’t live far from one another! I saw ur bday is Jan 21, mine is the 20th lol

35. Sue and Luci

It's obvious that you're doing the best you can. It sounds like you have an alternate already since RadCat is going out of business. A while back you mentioned that she seemed to like her food warmed up a tad. I know Miss Luci (aka The Queen) here won't eat cold food from the fridge. Room temp is ok, but not refrigerator cold...picky, picky, picky.

I know it's tough to work full time and take care of these FD cats (from first hand experience!) but you can do it - just try to set a schedule and be as disciplined as possible...it's all we can do. I know you love her and want to do the very best by her - maybe get help with one thing or the other (the business or Nelli)...but believe me, I know that's easier said than done - in our area there is no one who wants to do a darn thing. I have to go to "Next Door" to search for people to do anything - sometimes I find them, sometimes not. There is also a list somewhere - I've seen this mentioned - of other FD cat owners who will help one another - perhaps someone else on here has details about that list.

36. Krystina & Nelli

Sue,
    Good morning.
    Thank you so very much for your inspiring and caring words :bighug: I greatly appreciate you.
    YES, your damn right “ I can do it, you bet!
    Today is a brand new day and we are off to a very good start :).
    I am very happy to report that Nelli just 30 seconds or less did her mouth antics! She had Weruva Mac and Jack for breakfast and gobbled it up :)! Is outside now sitting on front porch checking out the darkness and what lurks ;)... a bygone routine.
    She never drank water, never because the rad cat was 77% moisture, so, I just need to douse her food (which I did at breakfast), in water now and make sure she always has freshwater around. Easy :)
    Obviously, this food does not need to be refrigerated so we’ve taken that issue off the table!
    I will know better in the next few days whether it probably was bad Rad Cat. I will continue to report the results!
    I hope you and Luci have an excellent day, she behaves nicely- appreciates the loving care that surrounds her... as naughty as she can be and as maddening to you her highs and lows go... she does know, doesn’t she?

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  37. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks, I appreciate your offer :):cat::bighug:
    Are you an Aquarius or Capricorn?
    I hope the day goes your way…

38. Bellasmom

I'm right on the cusp so I'm not real sure some things say capricorn some say aquarius

39. Krystina & Nelli

Me too, but oh my am I a Aquarius!
    We’ll talk off board :)

Bellasmom likes this.
  40. Sue and Luci

@Bellasmom and @Krystina & Nelli - you're both my opposite sign - I'm a Leo - the fire sign - just opposite to your air signs :) Some of my favorite people are Aquarians...my grandson for instance is an Aquarian :woot::woot:

Bellasmom and Krystina & Nelli like this.
  41. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Sorry to jump in, my B-Day is the January 24.

42. Bellasmom

Lots of jan bdays

43. Bellasmom

I would say I'm more aquarius

44. Krystina & Nelli

You have an adorable little kitty :)

45. Sue and Luci

You're always welcome to 'jump in' here :) All friends :) Another January birthday - another Aquarian - nice :woot:

46. Rosie & Bailey

Sounds like an invite to me! Aquarian here!

Sue and Luci likes this.