10/16 Tess AMPS~478 R +3~231 +10~568 R PM PS~HI R +3~519 R +5.5~221 +10~492 R

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ann & Tess GA, Oct 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Thank you for the early delivery, Vanessa! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: Perfect as always!

She was a bit perkier yesterday and seems to be walking better too. And she is at least trying to head for the LB. We move it to the edge of the living room carpeting to be closer for her and even put a step in front. But the silly thing heads for where it usually is, walking right around it, realizes she is now behind it and climbs in over the back! I guess she doesn't need the step in front! :blackeye::rolleyes:

Hoping for some good news at the vet this afternoon. Please keep piling on the eat better and feel good vines,

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Piling on more prayers. Yeah, sometimes when we try to "help", they still can't change old habits. Silly kitty :cat:!

Here's another thought...I can't remember if Tess is on ondansetron or not, but my Dad's oncologist told us just this week that it can be constipating, too. I'm learning WAY too much about constipation these days, and it seems like just about everything can cause it! Anyway, I did want to mention that, just in case it's something you want to investigate.

3. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Piling on the vines from here. Tillie is on ondansetron now too, didn't know that it can be constipating.
    Liz

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

When we were talking about anti-nausea meds for my Dad, knowing that he has this on-going constipation issue, his onc said compazine would be better because onda tends to back you up. This was the first I'd heard it, too. I don't know if compazine is kitty-safe, though.

5. Ann & Tess GA

Thanks Amy and Liz. Tess is getting ondansetron, but only after the constipation/lack of appy had started. I'll ask about it. She has been pooping, but just little bits since that big on on Wed.

6. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Lots of vines, hugs, and purrs for poor Tess. I hope you get some good answers today :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Ann & Tess GA

Vetty visit went pretty well. She peed there, but on the pee pad. :) Her weight is down to 5.2 pounds, but that is due to dehydration and not eating enough. :oops: BP was down to 110 to 115! The amlodipine is working well and we reduced her dose a little, 1/6th of a tablet! Actually I found a great way to break rather than cut tablets on Tanya's site, much less crumbling. Use a flat ended tweezer, hold on to it where you want to break it and press w/ your thumb. I expected the tablet to crumble, but I got a really clean break! It wasn't hard to do the 1/6th tablet!

There was a bit of a panic, Dr. S was feeling her abdomen and said it felt noticeably thicker that last week. I was getting ready for the worst while she did a quick ultrasound. It was stool!!!!! and a big one is coming!

We decided against either an endoscopy or biopsy for now and are starting on prednisolone as it is anti-inflammatory. Anyway I thought its was supposed to be prednisolone, but when I got home we had prednisone. I need to call about that. Where do people get the best price on prednisolone ? I found it for 17ยข a pill at Drs. Foster and Smith.

I think the handling stimulated something because she was working on pooping when we got home. I think she strained too much because we're seeing a little bloody mucus along w/ it . I'll call in if it continues. right now she is resting. My mega supply of pee pads has arrived and the living room is freshly re-covered!

8. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Wow on the description of the vetty visit, but good that it went went pretty well. Sending vines for good, healthy poop. And for a good appetite. And for the meds to work. Pee pads must be an interesting addition to interior design. What color are they?

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

Yo Tess, tell me what color of autumn leaves will go best with the decorative pee pads and I'll pick you some tomorrow.
    ~ Rusty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.