10/17/18 Texas Gizmo PMPS=135, +2=145, +4.5=121, +11=132

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LizzieInTexas, Oct 17, 2018.

1. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

10/16 +11=367

AMPS=309 :arghh:

Shot 0.50U (really wanted to shoot 0.75U) - please someone, tell me it would be ok to shoot 0.75U tonight??

I am in tears. He hasn't been pink since May.

I just can't figure out why?? Is it because he was dehydrated and is now getting fluids? I know dehydration does strange things.

Sigh. I just don't know what to do.

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m so sorry Lizzie that Gizmo is higher this am, if it were ME I would see where he is at pmps before making a decision, I hope he comes down for you. Sending prayers and vines :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I know Gizmo's numbers are creeping up, but I wouldn't rush another dose increase. You don't want to go up too fast and have his numbers suddenly come down. Also, remember dosing is based on the nadir. I know it's frustrating to see a pink PS number, but I'd give the 0.5 unit dose a chance. Have you checked for ketones again? Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  4. LizzieInTexas

Here is my logic.. He was getting 0.375U. Increasing to 0.50U is only 1/8U increase. Clearly he needs more right now. If I increase to 0.75U to night and hold for 6 cycles that puts me at Saturday PM to increase again (if needed) and gives me 3 cycles till I go back to work Monday to see what 1.0U will do. If my thinking is correct and it was dehydration resulting in the lower dose/numbers his "good" dose is more around the 1.0U area.

@Wendy&Neko any advise? I am kinda at a loss.

5. LizzieInTexas

His nadir (or close to it) was 281 last night. :eek:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

That looks like a bounce to me. I'm not saying Gizmo doesn't need an increase. I don't do dose increases for Furball on one cycle. Gizmo's numbers are creeping up and he may need more juice. I'm confused by the fact that you just increased. I know it is a small increase, but if it was me I'd wait and see what that does for a couple of cycles. Hopefully Wendy will give you some advice once she gets on the board.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  7. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Good morning, Lizzie,
    Have no dosing suggestions to offer but I do hope Giz feels better finds his blues and greens again soon.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Hope Gizmo turns it around soon.

9. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Sorry about the numbers Lizzie.

What I have seen with kitties, is that Subq fluids brings numbers down.
    Silly question, but the fluids you are giving don't have any glucose in them do they?

I keep looking at that 75 and wondering if Giz dropped low and this is a bounce? it should have had time to clear by tonight, since that would be 6 cycles.

How is he feeling?

I'm not sure about changing the dose, I worry about you being away at work should it prove too much.
    Sorry not much help.

Sending vines
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

10. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hey Lizziie, it looks like a bounce to me also. And sometimes they pop up before they start coming down. By his +, he was all ready heading down. How is he feeling? Eating okay? Pooping?

How often is he getting the Sub Q's? Good question that Gill asked about glucose possibly being in it.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

11. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

An "accumulating bounce" from the 75 on Oct. 14th? (I tend to agree with Gill and Bobbie. ) Did you re-test on those pink numbers? Maybe the strips were bad. In any event, I would hold the 0.5 for the prescribed time (6 cycles) and see what happens. As long as Gizmo is feeling ok and behaving normally, I don't think it is cause to worry.

12. LizzieInTexas

O.M.G.

I started a new bag on Saturday (or very close to that).

I have a call into the vet for what fluids the gave me.

13. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

No advice ... just tons of hugs and prayers to you , Super Momma Bean Lizzie :bighug: You are amazing ❤️

14. LizzieInTexas

PMPS=135

History:
    AMPS=309, +1.5=288, Ket - 0.1 (neg)

Here is the fluids - no dextrose in it.
    fluids.JPG
    Given the PMPS number I am now wondering if the AB has sugar and it is just now getting out of his system completely. First dose was given last Thursday (10/11) - last dose given 10/14.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad you increased back to 0.5 units. He hadn't earned a decrease down to 0.25, much less to 0.5 units. I suspect his pancreas has had to work extra hard and is "tired".

16. LizzieInTexas

So is it better to skip a dose and hold the dosage? I am not sure how to handle when I don't feel safe shooting and leaving him especially when eating is questionable. o_O

ETA-since I shoot early and am on such a tight schedule I really have to wing it.

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Skipping will drain the depot. Along with a lower dose, it can give you higher numbers. Will he eat higher carb food at all? That can help maintain the depot and keep him safer. When Neko's appy was off and I couldn't monitor as closely, I upped the carbs.

18. LizzieInTexas

Hit or miss - when he is off, he just won't eat. When he is feeling ok/good, I can coax him using the mic on the webcam to the feeder but if he doesn't feel good he won't eat unless I chase him around with the food bowl. I sure wish I could find someone in the neighborhood to come by on a moment's notice to test, get him to eat and just check on him. I would pay well :D. I just haven't had any luck trying to find someone I can trust and is reliable. Sending a text @ nadir saying they are running 2 hours late won't work :banghead::mad:. And stressing myself out and making myself sick won't work either.

Another issue is finding low phos food :mad: - at any carb count.