10/17 LT AMPS 115 +2 91 +4 107 PMPS 117

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Suzanne Burton, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Suzanne Burton

Suzanne Burton Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Beth 73 likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  3. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

Great start for LT today! Looks like he might get his long tail wet at the beach today :cool:

Suzanne Burton and Beth 73 like this.
  4. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Looking good LT❤️ Elmo is busy helping clean up a water leak in the house but he'll check in later :woot::) It is well !!!! ❤️

Suzanne Burton likes this.
  5. Suzanne Burton

Maybe if I bought him a new pair of swim trunks and a floatie with an umbrella he might consider the lagoon:rolleyes:.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  6. Suzanne Burton

Oh no Beth. None of us needs extra issues when dealing with our furry diabetics. Does Elmo have his rain booties on? I changed LT back to the Poultry Platter this morning to see if he'd eat it. Nope, gave it the furry stuck up nose until I sprinkled it with his Vet's Best Hairball pill and then he gobble every bite. I have more cans remaining than I can count and might be able to pass them off with the pill on top, but I'm betting not for long. I'm going to try him on the Mixed Grill tonight to see if that spurs any interest.

Fred, my civvie with the injured ankle/foot still isn't putting any weight on it. He is still on "bedrest" per the vet in our bathroom and doesn't like it. I go in there every so often to give him some attention which he loves, but then, alas I have to leave.

Sonia & Leo and Beth 73 like this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice start LT! Have a great day Suzanne

8. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Fred needs one of these so he can be in main part of house. This was when we were in motel.

Can you mix some the food he doesn't like in with the one he does and use it up that way.

Attached Files:

Beth 73 and Sonia & Leo like this.
  9. Suzanne Burton

I'll try mixing the food, but he's a stubborn one. He can have 2 of the hairball pills a day, so I might also use one at each meal to help finish the food up. @Olive & Paula Can you tell me where you got the covered cat "playpen"? Fred is predominantly an outdoor cat (coming in at night), so he's really unhappy to be penned up. Would it be heavy enough to hold a 24 lb., 15.5 year old dog?

Beth 73 likes this.
  10. Suzanne Burton

Not unexpected that LT's morning +2 is lower and into the lagoon. He's fairly predictable with his PM +2 always going up. Who knows why. Anyways, I have to be gone for the +3 but should be back for the +4. With all of the testing I've done, I fell comfortable leaving him, even though he dropped about 20%. He usually goes up and out of the lagoon 1 hour after he's there.

Beth 73 likes this.
  11. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I got it from chewy. There are different sizes in other brands (Google puppy playpen) . since its fairly large it might not make him feel caged in. I don't think there are weight restrictions as you don't pick it up with them in it. But I don't know if a dog would chew through it or knock it around the room trying to get out.

Beth 73 likes this.
  12. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Oh my...I must have missed that one...what happened to little Freddie's foot?

I hope you can sneak in some more of those 'not so favorite' flavors to Mr. LT...I tried Luci on some other food not too long ago...some fancy stuff with a quail egg in it...she took one look, one sniff and promptly turned tail..she wouldn't touch it...yet sat looking longingly at me with her big yellow eyes...waiting on her food...

Her communication methods are very effective! :joyful:

Have a great day Suzanne!

13. Suzanne Burton

We don't know what happened to his foot/ankle. He didn't show up for his supper one night and not even by the time we went to bed. He usually comes in to sleep with LT. When Bob took Tucker, the diabetic drooler out for a nature's call at midnight, Fred was on the front porch. When Fred came inside, he was hobbling on 3 legs. The vet examined him yesterday and she didn't think anything was broken so she put him on a daily pain pill for 3 days and said to bring him back in on Saturday for x-rays if he hasn't shown any improvement. Well no improvement yet, but we still have 2 days to go. Hopefully, he'll turn the corner. In the meantime, my main bathroom is a cat rehab room.

14. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Poor thing...I'm sorry to hear about that. Perhaps he got it 'caught' on something unspeakable...I hope for his sake healing will be speedy. I'm sending along some extra vines for little Fred...:bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Fred.

Beth 73 and Suzanne Burton like this.
  16. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Poor Fred, I hope the pain meds work until his leg heals. :bighug:
    LT looks really good! :cool:

17. Suzanne Burton

Fred is enjoying his stint inside. I'm trying to get him on canned food and I'm giving him the amount for the weight he should be at, but he's not eating it all at once. The last of the outdoor cat is wondering what the deal is, but he's doing ok.

LT is full of himself these days. I mixed a bit of ocean whitefish in with the poultry platter and he was still picky about eating it until I put part of his hairball pill on it. I hate fiddling with his food, i.e. starting a different flavor, or changing anything at this time, when his dose is so low. Cats.... gotta love 'em.

18. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Watch out, Suzanne ...they are messing with you :cat: :cat: :cat: LT does look good :bighug: