10/18 Billie PMBG 51, 55 home from the hospital

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deanna & Billie, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-5-301-still-at-hospital.205023/#post-2272741

Hi everyone,

Billie is home! I picked her up this afternoon.

I'm seeing a mix of good and bad signs. She ate a few bites of rotisserie chicken on her own, which is really great. She hasn't eaten on her own since last weekend. That's the good news.

But, she seems weak and tired. I'm sure she's exhausted from being in the hospital, but she also seems like her back legs are wobbly. And, she was very upset when I gave her evening meds. She hid from me after, which isn't like her.

Her kidney values are similar to how they were yesterday. Her BUN was 102 and is now 87. Her creatinine unfortunately went up a little from 4 to 4.4. We were sent home with subq fluids, reglan, ondansetron, and cyproheptadine.

I'm going to let her rest now and see how she's feeling a little later. I'm honestly not feeling hopeful, but I'm trying not to panic. I know she only just got home. She just doesn't seem like she feels that much better, if I'm being objective. We were praying that the IV fluids and antibiotics would really save the day, but I don't know that they did. She did eat a little on her own, though. That matters a lot.

Thank you all so much for all the vines, prayers, and support. We're lucky to have you in our corner.

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am glad Billie is home. Hospitals are probably a hard place for a cat to get her 20 hours of sleep a day. No wonder she is tired.

Keeping you in my thoughts. :bighug:

Deanna & Billie and tiffmaxee like this.
  3. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

So glad Billie is home :bighug:

One thing I wanted to mention is after a hospital stay, it might be good to keep a smaller or confined space for the first couple days. :cat:

Deanna & Billie likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hopefully Billie will get much needed rest and feel a little better each day. I would let her go wherever she wants. I think it takes at least 3-5 days for antibiotics to start to help.

5. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I'm glad she's home.
    I hope you see some improvement once she's had some rest in her home.
    Prayers and vines

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

You need a hug. :bighug:

7. Deanna & Billie

Deanna & Billie Well-Known Member

Thank you all!!! I have to post this 2AM update because I just woke up to the sound of Billie eating some chicken I had left out for her! She was chewing very, very loudly and enthusiastically!!! I'm surprised and so happy :cat: Now she is resting comfortably again :)

8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Billie is home. She will feel so much better being home. It's great to hear she is eating. I hope he keeps getting better. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug:

9. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I’m so glad she’s home, I’m sure hospital wiped her out as well as the stress our kitties gone through while there, hopefully things will get back to normal since she’s home with her bean! Sending prayers and vines:bighug::bighug:

10. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Hooray! I'm so glad Billie is home. I really hope she starts to feel better now that she's in her own space. Still sending plenty of healing and comfort vines for Billie, and many hugs for you! :bighug::bighug:

11. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is a good update overall. Hopefully after a bit at home, she begins to feel more relaxed and in her element.

Vines for Billie.:bighug::bighug: