? 10/19 Mačka AMPS 365, +4 342, PMPS 338, +4 228, +5 189 (dose increase at PM)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Penelope and Mačka, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Penelope and Mačka

Penelope and Mačka Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-18-macka-amps-430-fasting-higher-bg.220614/

Alright, I guess I need to increase tonight?

Macka has a little wound on his forehead... last time he had one, it ended up in a dramatic abscess, very high numbers, lack of appetite, lethargy etc etc.... This one looks fresh, so I hope I am catching it in time. I brushed it with some Betadine. He's grumpy and limbs are a little shaky. I can't believe it brings him that much pain?

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Poor Macka! What is causing the wounds?

Yes, an increase is in order. Have you considered switching him to TR so that you can increase more frequent and get him out of these numbers?

3. Penelope and Mačka

We have another cat and they do not get along. We try to keep them separated but not always :( it’s a difficult situation.

i was following TR for a while but it was very stressful for me. Right now I guess I’d like to go back to it but I work again and I just can’t leave him alone all day with TR. I am still terrified of an hypo episode. Also, is he ever going to go into good numbers? He had 2 good days 15 days ago, and that was it :/

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

That's the funny thing about this business...what works at one time, may not work at the next. That's why we're constantly changing the dose.. Up/down, up/down. You may find that he'll get there with an increase he may show you some better numbers...he certainly needs a nudge...no danger of a hypo with those reds and pinks...he'll have to work his way through the yellows and then the blues...to get to the greens...and low greens would be where you may want to give him high carb foods to help him steer away from those lower numbers. Try not to panic...we want him to be in the greens :)

5. J.J. and Phoebe Squeak

J.J. and Phoebe Squeak Well-Known Member

Hang in there. I don't know enough to give any advice, but I'm sending support.

6. Bobbie And Bubba

I agree with Sue about getting him out of those high numbers. There is a lot of wiggle room before he is in dangerous lower numbers.

ETA : ugh on the 2 cats fighting. 2 male cars?

7. Margie and Jackson

Margie and Jackson Member

I had good luck helping my cats get along by following some of Jackson Galaxy’s tips on his website. I added litter boxes and bought more cat beds. Feliway has helped, too. Whenever there was hissing or chasing, I broke out the treats and gave everybody treats until it changed the mood. That’s supposed to cause them to associate the new cat with something positive. I hope your kitties grow to tolerate each other at least!

8. Bobbie And Bubba

Great advice! Where there is stress is definitely higher numbers for our sugar cats. I like this advice.

9. Penelope and Mačka

Two males, Chou-Fleur is 3 years old and does not want to share his house with a grandpa.
    I tried Feliway, treats, mixing the scent, we have 3 litter boxes and endless food. It just doesn't work right now and ads to the stress, but well, that's how it is.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  10. Penelope and Mačka

I worry because sometimes he goes from reds to blue/greens in a single cycle, so if I increase, I fear it's the whole curve that will shift, not just lower the high numbers...

11. Penelope and Mačka

And then one day he dives, out of nowhere! it's so unpredictable. But thank you for your kind words, We are increasing to 4 units tonight (gosh that is starting to be a lot).

Sue and Luci likes this.
  12. Bobbie And Bubba

My Bubba was up to 5.25 at you time. He is presently OTJ. ( anti/ jinx)

13. Penelope and Mačka

He barfed his food and ate it all up again while I was out for 30 minutes... he’s being a little weird. I hope it’s not the increase. Or an episode of pancreatitis again...

14. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Did he puke right after eating? Ming does that. I actually see him about to barf AS he's eating and I take his food away. Then he goes and barfs. And then I wait 15 minutes and give him food again lol!!!

How is Macka being weird btw?

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  15. Penelope and Mačka

He never barfs, but did tonight. He’s just off, maybe since this morning. I just can tell when he’s not feeling well. Eyes are mid closed and not a lot of energy. I’ll keep a close look on him tonight!

edit: yes, a few minutes after eating because I fed him, left for 30 minutes, and found a puke stain on the rug when I came back. So he ate it all again, yuck.

16. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Oh no :( I hope he's okay. Hopefully he's just feeling bad from puking. I'm an advocate for keeping a stock of supportive meds for cats that have chronic illnesses. It might be a conversation to have with your vet about keeping meds like pain and anti-nausea meds in your cabinet just to keep Macka comfortable.

17. Penelope and Mačka

I have cerenia, bupe, ondansetron, mirtz! I am not sure that he needs anything right now. I gave him a tiki cat stix and he gulped it down. But I am prepared :) thank you!!!

18. Penelope and Mačka

PM + 4 228. I guess I have to stay up tonight to monitor...

19. Penelope and Mačka

Should I test at +5? Or +6? Ahh I’m becoming anxious right now

20. Margie and Jackson

Jackson is now 4.25 units and just hit 228 on the AlphaTrak tonight! I was so relieved to see him under the renal threshold. He must have noticed me googling acromegaly. Thanks for telling us about Bubba. I feel like my cat has the highest dose in the board, sometimes!

21. Margie and Jackson

Remember, 228 on a human meter is a long way from hypoglycemia. Plus he’s close to nadir.

Penelope and Mačka likes this.
  22. Penelope and Mačka

I hope he’s close to nadir and doesn’t shift a few hours... I’m so ready to go to bed :p

23. Penelope and Mačka

Jackson and Macka are soul buddies!! Maybe they should meet! (I googled Acromegaly too today lol)

Margie and Jackson likes this.
  24. Margie and Jackson

I think you’re safe to go to bed! He doesn’t drop much between 4 and 6, according to the spreadsheet. Good night!

25. Margie and Jackson

They are blood buddies tonight!

26. Penelope and Mačka

He's at 189 now, I'm too nervous to go to bed :/

27. Penelope and Mačka

@Bron and Sheba (GA) what do you think I should do? Take a +6, +7? feed the curve? Thank you!!!

28. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I would test again in 1 hour and see where he is.
    He is quite safe
    Maybe give him a teaspoon low carb to encourage him to surf in blues.

29. Penelope and Mačka

a +7 then? ok, let's see if he's okay to wake up to eat....

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  30. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You are a good Mom:)

31. Penelope and Mačka

+7 237, good night! :cat:

32. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Goodnight!
    Sleep well.
    You have come a long way Penelope since you first arrived here!
    It's great to see.:bighug:

33. Penelope and Mačka

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  34. Sanda Elena

Sanda Elena Member

Sorry. I wrote an answer and instead of editing I've delete it. :bighug:

35. Stressedcatmom

Stressedcatmom Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about my Yoshi. Thanks, @Bobbie And Bubba