10/19 Tiny Sole PMPS: 161, +2: 245, +4: 151, +5: 148

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Joanne&TinySole, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...e-1-95-2-127-3-134-4-152.205051/#post-2273320

I guess Tiny Sole didn't want her sister Cookie to get all the attention yesterday, thus the timing. However, she's starting out steady today.

I did do a 4 AM +8 post last night and she was at 160, so she steadily rose through the night right up to the AMPS.

I think today will be a bit easier (?) ...hoping so.

I should hear from the Internist on Cookie (Tiny's older sister) today or tomorrow at the latest, regarding blood work and next steps. Cookie actually seems a bit better today, and I must say, her shaved belly makes her look like a cute pot-bellied piggy. :cat:

THANKING EVERYONE from my heart again for all the watching and helping yesterday. So glad to have all of you in our corner. Have a good day!

XOXO, J

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Not a bad start to the day given her adventures yesterday and the reduced dose last night. Hope you got a good rest and that Tiny will dip her toes in the lagoon later today. :)

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

4. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice start to the day, hope Tiny give you nice cycle today.

Vines for Cookie.

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

If course you know that lot belly put belly gets lots of kisses.:kiss::kiss:

Nice start this morning. Hope Cookies tests come out good.

6. Joanne&TinySole

Does that mean back to the greens? :nailbiting:

7. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you! <3

8. Joanne&TinySole

Thank you! No word yet...hopefully tomorrow. <3

9. Joanne&TinySole

DOSAGE QUESTION: Since Tiny Sole is running below 150, am I still dosing her at 3.25 tonight?

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

How tired are you? She hasn't earned a reduction, the question is whether you can monitor. Ther is no wrong answer.

11. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yes, that is what I was suggesting but I would have been happy to see her not go quite so deep into the water as she did yesterday! They can be scary numbers but they are good numbers. :)

12. Joanne&TinySole

So, she'd have to dip below 90 again to earn a reduction again, correct? I'll see where she is in about 30 min and then decide how tired I am...which is exhausted...but I don't want to stall any of her progress.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  13. Joanne&TinySole

You know, she was really odd at the BG numbers she had yesterday...seemed like she had no energy, kind of out of it, so that was close enough. I can't imagine her going below 50!

She hasn't had much of a bounce up from yesterday's lows.

14. Joanne&TinySole

I'll be feeding her at 7:15 PM so PMPS will be just before then.
    Perhaps she'll rise a little more and bounce up from yesterday.
    Either way, since she is coming up, I believe that a dosage tonight of 3.25 U will be warranted, correct?

15. MrWorfMen's Mom

She had a great cycle today after those lowish greens and a reduced dose. :D

As for her energy level, I think this is quite common and occurs because they have become so used to functioning in higher BG ranges that those low numbers just don't feel right yet. My girl did the same thing but that totally turned around after a few weeks of staying in good numbers. I think Wendy mentioned her Neko did something similar too. I wouldn't worry as long as Tiny's eating well and not showing any other signs of being unwell.

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

Technically yes but you'll need to monitor to ensure she doesn't dip too low. Usually a reading before bed by +3 will let you know if it's going to be an active cycle or not. She didn't bounce much, if that is a bounce at all rather than just the reduced dose emptying the depot a bit, so what she'll do tonight is a bit of a guessing game.

17. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Bubba did the same when he starting seeing green numbers, really lethargic. After he got used to them, it was a new cat!

I agree with @MrWorfMen's Mom for the 3.25 dose again. And because you shot a BCS dose last night (Big Chicken SH*T dose , that's what we call it when we need to do it) the count starts over for the cycles. Anytime the depot gets disrupted, the count for cycles starts over.

Joanne, Tiny is looking so look . Just look at the SS for the last 4 cycles! Blues and greens, with one little old yellow. Onward soldiers, just pushing ahead!

ETA: BCS dose was last night 2.75. I wasn't sure if you knew that terminology.

18. Bobbie And Bubba

@MrWorfMen's Mom , thank you so much for being present to help out even though Menace is OTJ! I love when this happens and we have so many here that continue on to help out once their SugarCats are OTJ. :bighug:

19. Joanne&TinySole

Wow! So grateful for everyone's willingness to help! ❤

PMPS: 161 AT 7 PM.
    She just ate and I'm about to give her 3.25 U. I hope she doesn't go too low tonight.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  20. Joanne&TinySole

See, you are normalizing things for me.
    What we don't know about what we don't know is the nervewracking part.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  21. MrWorfMen's Mom

@Bobbie And Bubba If not for all the great folks and their willingness to share their knowledge here, Menace wouldn't have reached that ultimate goal, so helping out when I can is the least I can do! And I don't want to toy with Murphy and lose my touch.... just in case! ;)

22. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Taco is right along with Tiny Sol, he is so pathetic in the green, he has one eye shut and lays there sulking,until he goes into blue. Makes me feel so bad, even tho I know he needs to go there, he's been doing this since 2 years of being diagnosed, and then gives me heart attacks and looks at me like what's the matter with you? With his squinty eye. :banghead:

23. Joanne&TinySole

That makes me feel so good! Yay, Tiny Sole!!!

7:30 PM dose of 3.25 U ...no BCS for us! ;)

24. Bobbie And Bubba

Joanne, you are too cute!!

25. Joanne&TinySole

Oh, my! Although not funny, that gave me a good chuckle!
    Maybe Taco and Tiny...Tiny Taco have been talking on their cell phones to one another! ;)

26. Joanne&TinySole

I like to try to entertain as I go along...gotta laugh... ❤

Although, I wasn't laughing a whole heck of a lot yesterday when I was in panic mode!
    I wouldn't be laughing without everyone's support here!

TGIF, by the way.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  27. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Taco is banned from all electronics until he starts behaving, he can eat , go to the bathroom, roam around, get treats, get lovin,That's it, so no phone :D

28. MrWorfMen's Mom

When Menace is resting her normal behaviour when I pet or stroke her is to let out a little chirp and twist her head toward me and ask for more. There were times when she started getting into better numbers that I literally had to rub the daylights out of her to get her to respond at all! I thought I'd have a stroke when she did that. Not happening anymore thank goodness. (Need "swipes brow" emoji).:woot:

29. Joanne&TinySole

Huh...well, I wonder who she has been talking to then...???

Cindy&Taco and MrWorfMen's Mom like this.
  30. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Will this do ?:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting: nailbiting and running around the house like a chicken with it's head cut off :eek:

31. Joanne&TinySole

I resemble that remark...I mean, I can relate! ;)

MrWorfMen's Mom and Cindy&Taco like this.
  32. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Not Taco , they just know when to give us something to pay attention to, it should have been ,SLY AS A CAT instead of fox;) Did you notice that as soon as you think they're out of danger, our whole demeaner changes ? Like the old saying , OH happy,happy, joy,joy, now I'm not tired anymore. And during the rough happening, it's like, ok, DR. Cindy on the scene, do NOT distract, WORKING !That's me, I just can't joke when he's got me all wound up , I guess it's fear of the unknown .

33. Joanne&TinySole

Yes. I call your Dr. Cindy my "work mode" - I go right into 'fix it and you had better get it right' mode.
    Well, I'm smiling now, but maybe not later tonight! :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::woot:

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  34. Joanne&TinySole

I was going to test at +1, but I think I'll wait until +2 at 9 PM so I can see how fast my hair lights on fire! :nailbiting::woot:;)

35. Joanne&TinySole

Yes, that sounds like my yesterday. She was so out of it. Not lethargic, just kind of BLAH.

MrWorfMen's Mom and Cindy&Taco like this.
  36. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Taco's doing it to me as we speak, dropping 2 hours before shot time, he say's let's party , it's friday night :banghead:

37. Joanne&TinySole

:eek::eek::eek:

38. MrWorfMen's Mom

39. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

He hates catnip, but, he did just throw up a little pile of leaves he got by the backdoor a while ago. I knew he would, caught him too late. ;)

40. MrWorfMen's Mom

Have you ever tried honeysuckle? I hear some cats that are not catnip fans love honeysuckle. Never tried it myself but then I grow my own catnip and all mine go crazy.

Joanne&TinySole and Cindy&Taco like this.
  41. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

No, but when I can , I give him a little bouquet of grass, but, he's not getting that now, I'm a mean Momma :) I'll have to look into honeysuckle, so he can barf that up :)

42. Bobbie And Bubba

Honeysuckle! Interesting. We have a lot of it that grows wild here late spring. It is close to the road so neither cat goes near it as the sounds from the highway scare them. Does the honeysuckle have to be dried, or can I just pick some and give to them?

43. MrWorfMen's Mom

Sorry Bobbie, I don't know off hand. A fellow cat loving friend says his cats love it. I'll have to check with him and see if it's dried or fresh. He said he bought it so I assume it's likely dried but I couldn't find any in the pet stores near me.

44. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I just looked it up, it's the wood part, there's a lot of info on it. Put in Honeysuckle for cats. I may have to try it for my 3 kids.

45. Bobbie And Bubba

I will look into it as well. I love the smell of honeysuckle. :) It grows around my lantern post at the end of my driveway. But, as I said my cats don't go down that far as the highway noise scares them. My driveway is 1/4 mile long and we have about an acre in front of my house. We have about 2 acres behind my house and then our neighbor behind us has 10 acres so the boys spend most of their time in the back in the acreage and in the fields. I am so thankful that the highway noise in the front scares them, otherwise I would not be able to let them outside.

46. Joanne&TinySole

My Cookie goes crazy over strawberries when we bring them home!

10 minutes 'til testing! :):nailbiting:

47. MrWorfMen's Mom

48. Bobbie And Bubba

thanks for the link. I will check it out.

49. MrWorfMen's Mom

IMG_20130328_161122.jpg
    My middle child pulls the strawberries out of the grocery bags and gets on the counter to do it even though he knows that is forbidden territory! This is him giving me the "Look Ma I'm helping" gaze!

50. Joanne&TinySole

So funny! I can't figure out what it is about them that makes her and your middle child - is that Worf? - surely does look like he's helping! :D

So, Tiny Sole is yellow like the sun...

9 PM +2: 245 ...I'm not quite sure which emoji to insert here!
    I will test at +4, since she took a dip into the blues on 10/14 at the +4 mark after being in the high 200s...

51. Bobbie And Bubba

It looks like a typical bounce cycle. Up and down in numbers. It can be 6 cycle or 3 days from those beautiful greens from yesterday's AM cycle. I would test again before you hit the sack and call it a night.

52. Joanne&TinySole

That's what I suspected. I'll get an 11 PM (+4), then when I wake in the middle of the night, I'll grab another test. On 10/14 she went up, then down then up...and then she started her string of blues!
    She's quite the dance partner!!

53. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yup! That's him!

54. Joanne&TinySole

He's a good looking young man!

55. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Well you guys are amusing. Olive feels crappy in pinks, and greens. Feels her best in yellow and blue oh wait that makes green, so she's actually green all the time!!!!!!! Hey it works for me.

56. MrWorfMen's Mom

I'll go along with that Paula! :D

57. Joanne&TinySole

That sounds right to me too!

58. Bobbie And Bubba

Is he a Russian Blue?

59. MrWorfMen's Mom

No just a wonna be! He was a very young feral kitten found in my friend's backyard. His tail has raccoon ring markings, he has white on a few hind toes and his eyes aren't emerald green. Close but no cigar! and he's purrfect just the way he is! :p

60. Joanne&TinySole

He is...they all are purrrrrrfect!

61. Bobbie And Bubba

He is just beautiful!

62. Joanne&TinySole

63. Joanne&TinySole

Not sure if anyone is still up or watching from this thread, but...

+4: 151 at 11 PM.
    Looks like I'll need to get a +5.

64. Joanne&TinySole

12 AM: +5 is 148, so lower than the +4 above.
    Of course Tiny wants me to stay up tonight.
    I fed her a 1.5 tbs of Soulistic mackerel w/ gravy and hope she'll come up a bit so I can sleep a bit.
    I'll check her in a few hours.
    Over and out!

65. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

FWIW, I wouldn't bother with another test, looks like a little flat surf going on, numbers from +4 and +5 are pretty much the same. That, and your +2 was a good bit higher than PMPS, so you ended up getting a good cycle, she came down, but not dramatically. I often find when I get a good bump up at +2 (more than 20%), I'll see Mav come down a bit under PMPS reading by +5. Just a my 2 cents, but you know your own kitty best.

66. Joanne&TinySole

Thanks for sharing. I'm just learning still, so your input gives me some relief. Maybe I can get 6 hours of sleep in...
    XOXO

67. MrWorfMen's Mom

Glad @Christie & Maverick were here to let you know Tiny was surfing along nicely. Hope you got a good rest. :)

68. Joanne&TinySole

Yes, as always, I'm appreciative of everyone's looking out for us.

I send much gratitude and love to all! XOXO, J.