? 10/2 Jimmy Clearing a bounce? Stay put or increase?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan G & Jimmy G, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

Haven’t been on in a bit so not worth posting last condo...

I can’t tell if Jimmy was clearing a bounce yesterday to get him under 200....we’re at the 6th cycle. Should I stay here another few doses or continue to increase? Thx.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I can't offer any advice ... just bumping you up.

Susan G & Jimmy G likes this.
  3. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

Thanks. I appreciate it.

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi Susan! It looks like to me that he is trying to clear the bounce from the blues on 11/1 . It looks like he's all ready back into the blues now and hopefully he'll go lower . If not, I'd increase. Hopefully some of the acro parents will weigh in for some dosing advice.

Susan G & Jimmy G likes this.
  5. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

The 185 was a bit of a surprise. I’ve increased the R so that seems to be helping. Will see how he does tonight...thanks!

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Susan, what is your goal for Jimmy's nadirs? Mine was around 70 cause it kept Neko from bouncing too high. But I recognize that different acro parents have different goals.

Another observation, you did a lot of really fast increases. It's best to hold at least 6 cycles, unless all you are seeing is pink and red. You did some 4 cycle increases when seeing blue. Too easy to bypass a good dose when you do that.

Another question - do you have an R scale? Just wondering how much you use when.

Since you've seen blue twice on this dose, I might hold it at least 8 cycles total, unless he gives you green. In which case you'd hold a little longer.

7. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

I'm just trying to keep him under 300 for the majority of a 24 hr cycle. I'd love to see a nadir of 70 - but it has to happen organically. As it did in June - notice, he was never really a big bouncer up until recently. I am also noticing outward physical changes so I believe his tumour may really be in really high gear.

Using R as a means to get to numbers below 200 while good - is not an indicator that the lev dose is good. As you can see without it - he climbs quickly back up in to the 300s. Which is what is/was happening, with the exception of when he recently went to vet for the enema. Four cycles of repeatedly staying well in to the 300s at these doses does not do him any good - effects his breathing, energy, and god knows what else in his body.

I'm working on it. Seems anything below 2 and over 2.5 produce either no results or extreme drops.

Thanks - that was my question. And a gut feeling as well - esp since the blues came late in the cycle after any R may have been in play.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.