10/25 Hyde AMPS 485 +4 294 +6.25 332 PMPS 372 +2 400 +4 405

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Hyde (GA), Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

2. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Sending lots of thoughts that Miss Hyde will work this dose into some lower numbers! Nice to see that yellow.

Marilyn and Polly

3. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Called another pharmacy today - do not need a prescription for R but it is $131. Will try to get the vet tomorrow to discuss switching to Levemir & R from Marks Marine Pharmacy.

@Wendy&Neko thanks for the article link - will read it before speaking to the vet!

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good luck with the increase. If you have a Walmart near you, I hav heard people quote the $30's range for novolin or humulin R

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I've heard Walmart is the cheapest for it as well.

Sending come down & work that juice vines to your sweet girl!

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Good luck with the dosecrease. I'd pick kitty snuggles over other things too.

7. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Tried a flank shot tonight - she was not a fan:rolleyes::eek::rolleyes: Will keep trying it until she gets used to it.

8. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

Kitty Snuggles I'll take that over work any day. :) Toby doesn't like flank shots either.

9. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

It's all a matter of priorities, as dictated by the cat of course. Hope the new dose works for Hyde, and also that you manage to source some cheaper options for the R.

10. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Strangest cycle ever - shooting an another location should not effect the depot right?

11. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

I got my R at Walmart (NC) - $25. actually when I priced Lev at Walmart, the pharmacist suggested the R because of the cost. I explained that kitties with Acro/IAA tend to do better on longer-acting insulins like Lantus & Lev, and Lev was what we wanted to stick with. Later, I bought the R there. I would check around. I priced at Walmart, Target, a local pharmacy and Walgreens. And anywhere I happen to go into with a pharmacy! We have to be fiscally responsible to our own resources. The savings is worth a couple phone calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.