10/26 Hyde AMPS 407 PMPS 392 +3 231 +4 275

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Anne & Hyde (GA), Oct 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Anne & Hyde (GA) Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice on the snuggles. I hope she slides down for you today.

3. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

Cold weather snuggles are the best. That's when you get an extra warm fuzzy kitty with bed head ;) Hope this drop in temperature will help him drop his numbers for ya.

4. Anne & Hyde (GA)

@Wendy&Neko, @julie & punkin (ga), @suki & crystal, @Grayson & Lu - called the local Walmart (10 miles away) and they quoted me $24.88 for a vial of R without prescription - who knew there would be such a price discrepancy between local pharmacies. Will pick some up on Wednesday evening to be ready to try it out this weekend! Thanks for your persistence with the suggestion :)

5. Andrea&Tennessee (GA)

Andrea&Tennessee (GA) Well-Known Member

I was told by the tech at the Target pharmacy that Walmart makes their own brand, that is why there is such a price difference.

Anne & Hyde (GA) likes this.
  6. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

I hope the R gets Hyde's numbers where you want them to be.

7. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Well done Anne, I think you will find it is money well spent. I shall follow your first trial with interest. Crystal's first trial was a bit of a non event as the starting dose of 0.25u didn't have any effect (she's now on 22u BiD) but ECID and just a drop might just move Hyde enough, it's all trial and error. Paws crossed f or you both :bighug:

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yeah for more snuggly and not just spending time in the kitchen. I bet she is feeling better too as she is getting more insulin into her.

Sounds like it's worth the price of gas to drive 10 miles to a Walmart. Amazing the price difference!

9. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

*whew* and yay! I'm very anti-walmart but once in a while there is a reason to shop there. I wonder if it's Novolin R or Humulin R? Both of those are name brands, I believe.

I think you'll be really happy to have it. It's just one more tool in the toolbox and it can really help manage those higher numbers. We'll need to figure out a time that someone(s) can be with you while you do the trial. You have any idea of your schedule this weekend?

10. Grayson & Lu

Grayson & Lu Well-Known Member

I never priced it elsewhere, because, although I'm not a huge fan of Wallyworld, but economics has to dictate at times. My syringes come from there for $12.80/100. I never had any issues with my R that I bought there; don' remember if it's Novolin or Humulin. I also started at barely a sniff, and Grayson maxed at 3u. Once the resistance broke through, we didn't use it again much. When Spartacus first came, I used it on him a couple of times. Then sent it to another friend, now that he's pretty well managed. Glad you were able to find it cheaper...

11. Anne & Hyde (GA)

Not sure what this weekend will bring but will reach out closer to Friday - it is time change weekend too!

12. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

Ten miles! Not bad. I'm at least 60 miles from any box stores but made a mad dash near the end of August for some test strips 'cuz I foolishly ran low with still a week left for my auto order to arrive via mail. Oh, I also doubled up with a car recall at the dealer over there that day.

Am glad you're ready to give the R a go. It can really bring those numbers down for the L insulin to take hold. Good for you. And great that you'll have some watchful eyes when you first try it out.

Marilyn and Polly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.